JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELP needed! Separating Pioneer Mix2 codes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: HELP needed! Separating Pioneer Mix2 codes Reply with quote

Hi again Rob. You gave me a lot of help in the past. I recently sent to you for a URC-8910 for shipping to Britain.

One of the items I have is a Pioneer DVDR/VCR combo. Hoping to use it with the 8910 extender. The problem is that the 7E pioneer code requires a Protocol Upgrade and a huge amount of key mapping, with 2 bytes per key. My problem is that I am almost out of upgrade space with my other stuff and the extenders. Remember a lot of British equipment won't be held internally in a US remote.

Given that the extender uses Key Groups, and can include 7 "dummy" devices as well as the 8 "real" ones, I had an idea. The neat thing here is that all the 2-byte Hex codes in the pioneer device end in 0, 1 or 3. What's more there is a logic to their grouping. All the transport keys end in 0, and all the number keys end in 1. So my idea is to spread this unit over 2 or 3 devices, with single-byte hex codes. And hopefully the protocol for a single-byte Pioneer will be built in.

The set up is

Pioneer MIX2: protocol 007E

Device 1: 171
Device 2: 175
Cmd 1: 44
Cmd 2: 42
Cmd 3: 255
Cmd 4: 255

This gives fixed bytes as: 2A CB AB 00 00 0A

If the HEX command is followed with 00 the code sent is:

Device 171 Hex Command

If the HEX command is followed with 01 the code sent is:

Device 171 decimal 44 Device 175 Hex Command

If the HEX command is followed with 03 the code sent is:

Device 171 decimal 42 Device 175 Hex Command

Can what I am attempting be done?

Failing that I may try to split up the DENON hacked code. That may prove easier. In the 8910 extender there seems to be loads of space for key moves and macros, very little for upgrades.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would need to see the Pioneer Mix upgrade itself in order to be able to offer any opinion as to how best to split it up.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would also be nice to see the rest of the .ir file (everything before adding that last upgrade that didn't fit).
davecs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite there yet, I'm preparing the rdmu files in anticipation of the arrival of the URC. I think the Mail attempted to deliver it today when I was at work so I'll be picking it up from the sorting office in the morning.

Rob - I was just wondering if there was a Pioneer protocol in the ROM of the remote which I could use, I know that I can do that for Denon, indeed I can work out how to do it for Denon quite easily, so maybe I'll work at it that way first and hope that creates a bit of space for the Pioneer stuff.

The pioneer protocol is this one:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 7E (S3C80) Pioneer MIX2 (RM v1.68)
40 84 62 8B 12 A5 44 08 08 01 12 00 F5 01 12 03
0C 31 76 10 A6 08 3A 08 0A C0 C0 56 C0 0B 87 10
04 19 04 76 0A 01 EB 06 46 29 01 8D 01 46 A6 0D
02 EB 03 E6 0D 05 B0 01 E6 10 01 F6 01 46 E6 01
05 E6 10 06 F6 01 46 F6 01 0A 7B EA AF
End
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
Rob - I was just wondering if there was a Pioneer protocol in the ROM of the remote which I could use

There may well be, but in order to determine if it would work for you, I would need to see your KM/RM file so I can see what device codes you are trying to combine.
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Rob, I've solved the problem myself, I think. I've actually deleted my Denon devices, for a combined Surround Receiver/DVD player using the hacked protocol, and it has produced about 200 bytes to spare, with the Pioneer stuff included.

So my intention is to set up 3 Denon devices, using the B8, C8 and E8 fixed bytes, and use Key Moves to get those keys I cannot allocate directly into the right place. This will mean that I do not need a user protocol in the upgrade section, and the devices will be Single Byte ones.

My main concern is that device/protocol upgrade space seems to be tight and at this time I don't know which of the extender features I won't be using as yet.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your explanations are OK, and I applaud your seemingly solvoing your challenge, BUT if you want advice on saving space in your IR file, Rob's comment above is still germane.

Upload the IR file in question, and any associated KM/RM files and post links to them here. Looking at the actual files and IR setup makes it MUCH more likely taht somebody can offer you useful advice.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. The problem is not so much that I cannot create the devices, but one of space. I have been using the 7560/7562 for years, so I am used to piling everything in the Device area, as there is little room for key moves. However, in the 8910 it seems there is plenty of room for key moves, but not much for devices/protocols.

So before I start creating devices etc, I ought to see what is already built in. This could save a lot of space.

The other thing is that I won't be needing ToadTog, I have both discreteON/OFF and Power codes where it matters, so that's something else I can get shot of in the Device area.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, until you load your IR file, wee cannot help you in any way reduce the memory that you are using until we see your IR file.

If you're still interested in eliminating the Pioneer Mix upgrade, we would also need to see your KM/RM file.

Until you load at least one of the files that we've been asking for, this issue is closed.
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Rob and all. I didn't make myself clear. I am withdrawing the request for help unless I hit another wall. The rest of the stuff was just sharing my thoughts.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get it up and running yesterday: I re-instated the Denon Combo and created the space by using TV 0000 for my Sony TV and using a lot of key moves, and removed ToadTog protocol and device as I have discrete codes where needed. Squeezed it in with about 20 bytes to spare.

It worked first time more or less, initially got two discrete codes the wrong way round, but everything works and I just need to add the LCD text.

When complete I will post the IR file, because I would like solutions to the space problem.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
When complete I will post the IR file, because I would like solutions to the space problem.

Dave, you really are going about this the wrong way. You've had several experts ask you to post your IR file already so that they can offer you suggestions on how to make better use of the available memory, but for some reason you have steadfastly refused to do so. By the time you do get around to posting your IR file, you may have spent several days trying to solve the issue yourself and many of the experts may already have lost interest.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Rob: I only received the URC-8910 yesterday, only got to play with it last night, and my IR file up to then was purely based on theory. I've my own ideas about how to save space, but for now everything I need fits, though only just.

What I was hoping to achieve was not personal help for myself, but maybe a discussion on how to create space. The reason being that the 8910 is an impressive piece of kit, but does not come with many UK features, and does not include devices not on sale in USA/Canada etc. It can run out of Upgrade space very quickly in this situation.

Others like me in the UK can send off to you to buy one of them, but may have to improvise a little in order to fit devices in.

My intention is to provide the IR file which will immediately show how I saved some space used by my Sony TV device. I then intend to create some more by using the features in the extender to eliminate the need for the Denon Combo Hacked protocol to take up space - I'm quite confident I can do that. I don't need to, but it's a worthwhile exercise.

ROB please don't get offended - I am not asking for help, I am more intent on helping others. I used to be a member of the yahoo site under a different name, I'm the guy who you got some codes for, to run the PACE Digital Cable Box in use in Britain at that time. I also wrote a prototype Device/Protocol creator in Pascal, which I sent over. Ring a bell?

If you've any reason to be annoyed with me it's for not sticking around to help others over the last year or so. I'm involved in other things, I'm a moderator on the PCLinuxOS Site for example.

Anyway I will sort out the LCD display stuff and the IR file will be uploaded tonight. BTW I couldn't have uploaded it last night, my internet connection was down, my post was from the computer at work.

Cheers.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted at last!!!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3736

I have added the upgrade for the Pioneer RT-400 DVDR-VCR here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3737
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
What I was hoping to achieve was not personal help for myself, but maybe a discussion on how to create space. The reason being that the 8910 is an impressive piece of kit, but does not come with many UK features, and does not include devices not on sale in USA/Canada etc. It can run out of Upgrade space very quickly in this situation.

I understand, but there isn't a "one size fits all" solution here. It's kinda like if you call up your car mechanic and say "my car isn't running too good, do you have any suggestions?", he's not going to be able to offer any worthwhile advice without either asking alot of questions or better yet, taking a look at the car himself.

Any discussion on saving space in your IR file would be meaningless without being able to actually see the IR file.

As for other non-US users, any non-extended JP1 remote has more than enough upgrade memory for most users, even if the user has to use an upgrade for all 8 devices. Using an extender, however, changes the size of the different memory sections, giving you less upgrade memory in exchange for more keymove/macro memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: