JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What I've been up to (relating to JP1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
classicsat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: What I've been up to (relating to JP1) Reply with quote

The most notable thing is my faithful URC-8017 died on me, so I went and bought an 8910 from an online clearance outlet. Until it arrived, I went back to my 6800 for a while.

It is working great, although I hade a few hiccups transferring things over from the 8017, which I had backups for.

When I had the new 8910 in hand, I thought I'd do a code search for the elusive code for my kitchen stereo, an RCA RP7984A (which I have previously asked for an upgrade for), and bingo, I found one (with code search) that works, CD 0764, which is an RCS80(45) code, with device 1.

Being that protcol has 6 bits for the OBC (meaning 64 keys), I made up four upgrades of 16 keys eack, dividing the 64 possible keys in four ( OBCs 0 to15, 16 to 31, 32 to 47, and 48 to 63). Trying each upgrade, I found each did the same thing, so the top 2 bits of the OBC are ignored, making just 16 keys for the device, and I choose to use OBCs 0 to 16 to make the upgrade.

The upgrade I uploaded to the files section, under CD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: