JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba RD-XS32 DVR and slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
natec

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Toshiba RD-XS32 DVR and slingbox Reply with quote

Hi all!

I've been reading posts on this forum and on slingcommunity.com for the past week or two since picking up my slingbox, and I'm hoping that I might be able to get a little assistance in figuring out why my RemoteMaster upgrades for my SlingBox are unsuccessful.

My Toshiba RD-XS32 works somewhat with the Toshiba X2 remote binary provided with the slingbox, but it is missing some important codes (most notably the "delete" code, but a few others would be nice).

I've downloaded and installed RemoteMaster 1.61, along with the needed RDF and image files. I also downloaded the remote codes for the RD-XS32 from the file section. I imported them (from the clipboard) in Remote Master and then went through the process of mapping the codes to the remote keys that I wanted, and then "exported binary upgrade" to the slingbox SBAV folder with a file name of V1999_JU using the JU RDF and also as V1999_PL using the PL RDF. I believe the X2 remote code is 1988 and this was originally the suggested file name, but I didn't want to overwrite it.

Going through the setup process to switch remotes in SlingPlayer, I select DVR>Toshiba>Other and type in "V1999" and slingplayer tells me that it can't use that file. I have uploaded my .bin file to the files section here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3418

...and also placed a copy of the .rmdu file I used to create it here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3417

I've tried this process of importing and remapping and settings wizard about 7-8 times now and once (not recently) I actually got the SlingPlayer software to accept my binary upgrade, and some of the remote keys worked, but not all (some were grayed out) and the key mappings were messed up.

I've searched this forum for information on the keymapping changes in SlingPlayer (i'm using the current release version- my SlingBox is revision 1.0.2 with firmware 1.0.61). Also, does it make a difference if I am currently attempting to change the setup/IR codes away from the local network the Slingbox is on (through the internet).

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there any other information I can provide? Thanks in advance, if you can help me!

Respectfully, NateC[/url]
natec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: partial solution! Reply with quote

Hi again!

I found a solution to the problem of SlingPlayer not accepting my binary upgrades that I was exporting from Remote Master. In the first tab, "Setup", the Setup Code number has to match the number in the file name you are exporting. For instance, my Setup code was 1988, but i was saving the file as V1999_JU.bin and V1999_PL.bin. Once I changed the setup code, SlingPlayer allowed me to select my generated file as valid. AND all of the codes I have selected and mapped to the keys were as expected, except for the fact that iin slingplayer, the button that says "Menu" (which the mouseover tool-tip calls "setup") is grayed out in SlingPlayer. I've worked around this right now by moving the function i wanted on Menu to a different button, but it would be nice if I could figure out a way to get it to work- perhaps they've changed the name of the button in the latest release, so I just need to change the button name in the layout too? Any ideas?

Thanks for reading!
NateC
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: