JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USB Cable and IR6.xx dont work; IR5.05 works fine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bone450

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: USB Cable and IR6.xx dont work; IR5.05 works fine Reply with quote

Ok I recently got a usb cable from diygadget.com. I downloaded the latest IR6.20, rdf's, and usb driver from the files section and installed them. I tried and kept getting an "SDA Being Held Low". These are the 2 posts I made over here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5384

Quote:
I am getting this same problem when using a USB cable with my RS-2116. I have tried using both a ati xpress200m laptop, and an nforce4 based desktop, with the same results. I have tried with batteries, without batteries, with some batteries in backwards, with old batteries, with freshly charge ni-cd batteries, with the cable connected both ways, connecting the remote before plugging into computer, plugging in remote after plugging into computer, tried reinstalling the USB driver. Only thing I haven't tried was brand new alkaline batteries.

I have been successfully using my parallel interface for over a year, but since my new computers don't have that I want to try the USB cable. Anyone have any advice on what I might have missed?

Quote:
Well tried brand new batteries out of the package and still get the "SDA being held low" error.

I did purchase this from DIYgadgets.com. So I would guess the thing is built right.

I must be missing something in the setup. Using IR6.20, RDF's, and the USB driver from the files section. Do the driver check thing and it says it is ok.

Basically I tried everything I saw recommended without anything working.

So I then tried using IR5.05 which is in the package from the diygadget site and the interface checks fine and can download from the remote. So my question is:

Could I be missing a setting in the later versions of IR which are giving me this error?

Is there a special IR version number I should be using with the USB Interface?
bone450

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I am the only one having problems. Oh well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many experts use USB cables, but my guess is that not many of them do. Speaking just for myself, I've never used a USB cable so I have no experience with them and cannot therefore offer any advice here.
irs009

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably wont like this solution, but I had just purchased a parallel cable, then two weeks later I bought a new computer with only USB ports. I weighed my options and bought a parallel input card. ($10 at DIT Computers, $15 at Tigerdirect.com).

Jack
bone450

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the replies. I will try some more and wait for some updates, hoping it will work, or hoping I will find what I am doing wrong.
sfischer1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bone450 wrote:
Well thanks for the replies. I will try some more and wait for some updates, hoping it will work, or hoping I will find what I am doing wrong.

I got the same problem but I was able to download from my RCU810 after charging the remotes NiMH batteries.

I have stop-ed using NiCd batteries completely now, they are so much better.

Try some fresh non rechargeable Alkine batteries, they have a higher voltage initially.

NiMh batteries can supply more current, so try both types.

Stephen H. Fischer
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: