JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't get codes for panasonic TH-50PHD8UK to work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIUC, Mike is confirming that RM is trying to do something with these keymoves that isn't possible.

RM needs some way to indicate/enforce that certain mappings of functions to buttons are not possible.

In a protocol with 2-byte hex commands, it should be possible to map those buttons (that can't be directly from the upgrade) to functions defined appropriately in the external functions tab, but not to functions defined by 2-byte hex commands.

I don't think it's worth the trouble for RM to explicitly understand the other path to such mappings: If the same 2-byte hex command is assigned to both a button in the upgrade body and a buttion requiring a keymove, RM could detect that and use the other form of keymove. But it seems to rare a case to be worth all that effort.
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
IIUC, Mike is confirming that RM is trying to do something with these keymoves that isn't possible.

I should have stated that the keymoves from RM showed up as <error> so I manually set the 3 digit efc. It looks like I should learn how to use the extender.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 2-byte keymoves work with the 6131 extender.

I generally suggest that anyone using a 6131 install the extender, even if they aren't going to make use of the special features of the extender (macros on device keys, device specific macros (DSM), Long Key Press (LKP), etc...).
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I just looked at the rmdu file and the .ir file and both showed those keymoves. I didn't try redoing the transfer and I don't actually know much about the model specific details of the 6131 without extender.

If I'm understanding correctly now, it would be nicer if RM told you those keymoves can't work, but good enough if IR tells you that when transferring from RM.

Greg is correct about the extender being better. You can get these KeyMoves to work without the extender using extra setup code(s) but it's more straightforward via extender.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
1) Question for other experts: Can a 6131 have a direct KeyMove for a 2-byte hex command? Why does RM seem to think it can?

I thought the 6131 could only KeyMove by button or by EFC3.

The URC-6131 was the first remote to hit the market that has a partial implementation of the new EFC5 format. Externally, the remote still uses 3 digit EFCs, but it saves them using the new 2 byte format where the first byte is zeroes. If you copy a button from one location to another, it stores the keycode of the "from" button rather than it's EFC.

I did alot of experimentation to see if the remote would recognize a properly formatted EFC5 code and it doesn't.

The new keymove format when fully implemented (as with the URC-9960B01) can only handle keymoves for 1-byte or 2-byte protocols, it cannot handle keymoves for anything bigger than that. The work around is to create an addition upgrade and do key-copies from that.
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your help. I will try the extender route it seems the best solution. The 6131 is functional enough as is for my wife. I've ordered another 6131 from Rob which should be here today or tomorrow I'll use it to test the extender. Here are new ir and mdu files the ir is using the extender.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3405

I hope I'm on the right track, Ed.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with the extender on 6131 is the ONLY way to go from day1 in my opinion. Conversion from unextended 6131 is difficult because all keymoves have to be thrown away and manually rebuilt.

Based on quick look at the IR file:
The Panasonic TV hex codes aren't correct. That zero in the first byte tells me so.
DiscreteOFF should be $FF 03 in Panasonic Combo, 03 FF in Panasonic Combo2 (multidevice).
DiscreteON values should be $FF 83 or 83 FF.
In case I'm wrong here, just let RM build these for you, initially on some buttons you can press (shift 0, shift 1) and test, change later to the DiscreteON/OFF phantom buttons.
Before importing into IR, make sure to delete the existing TV keymoves. I can't comment on any other ones.

If you change to Panasonic Combo, you'll save about 40 bytes, because you can then delete the 0042 protocol.

If you can't make the discrete codes work, the other possibilities will be to check whether some other button might turn it on (channel? some input?). If not, then use ToadTog special protocol keymove to build DiscreteON/OFF from the Power code.

correction

Last edited by ElizabethD on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Hackashaq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: My 8910 TH-50PHD8UK file Reply with quote

I uploaded my TH-50PHD8UK Remotemaster upgrade for the URC-8910.
May be of some use to the OP, but it's basically a slight change of the other Panny upgrades, which is why I never bothered to post it previously.
Good luck with your upgrade. The 8910 works great if you're looking to try another JP1 remote.
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: My 8910 TH-50PHD8UK file Reply with quote

Hackashaq wrote:
May be of some use to the OP, but it's basically a slight change of the other Panny upgrades, which is why I never bothered to post it previously.
Good luck with your upgrade. The 8910 works great if you're looking to try another JP1 remote.

Thanks Hackashaq, I took a look at it and it helped me confirm most functions, correct some and add new ones.

Ed
Hackashaq

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My 8910 TH-50PHD8UK file Reply with quote

EZ Ed wrote:
Hackashaq wrote:

Thanks Hackashaq, I took a look at it and it helped me confirm most functions, correct some and add new ones.

Ed

Ed, you're very welcome. I am happy to be able to give some small amount of assistance after having benefited from so much hard work done by the JP1 community.
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success!! Very Happy I Received the modified old 6131 from Rob today along with a usb cable (more below). I had my wife plug the remote into the parallel jp1 cable ( I'm a quad no use of legs or hands). I loaded my new upgrade using the extender1 and it works as expected amazingly fast. I can't express my thanks in words other than thank you! thank you! Very Happy

The only problem encountered was with the usb interface and sda message low battery power. I assumed that it worked well so didn't search the forum for problems.

note to Liz you were correct about discrete on/off having the wrong values however what you listed had them reversed and should be:
DiscreteOFF should be $FF 03 in Panasonic Combo, 03 FF in Panasonic Combo2 (multidevice).
DiscreteON values should be $FF 83 or 83 FF.

Ed
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being alert. I just corrected it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: