JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with Triple Dragon FTA sat box
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are awesome. Things have changed quite a bit from the last time I used keymap etc. RM now loads with no errors. Here is the link to the RM file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3369
I loaded the file on to the slingbox and still was not able to control the Triple Dragon.
The triple dragon is an FTA satelite box, much like the dreambox.
Thanks for the help.
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Anyone?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two upgrade files available for the Triple Dragon, and I don't recall what the difference is. It appears that you've tried the 2nd one, so have you also tried the first one?
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Thanks for answering. Yes I did try the first one also with no sucess. When I run the slingbox bin, none of the controls work. I have used your Triple Dragon file and loaded it to and 8910 remote and it works great. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Blane
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jp1chiro wrote:
I have used your Triple Dragon file and loaded it to and 8910 remote and it works great. When I run the slingbox bin, none of the controls work.

That's important information. If the upgrade works in the URC-8910 it confirms that you're using the right code, which we didn't know before. The fact that it doesn't work in the Slingbox means that you're doing something wrong there. Could you load your BIN file for us to look at. Could you also outline what steps you took to try and load the code into the Slingbox. Do you know whether you have a JU or PL box?
jp1chiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file in the first link is my RM file. Here is a link to my bin file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3375

The steps I do
I open RM (no errors, thanks to the help of other members)
I go to file, open, and select the 2nd Tipple dragon file you created. The same one that I use in my TV remote.
The lingbox with UEI JU chip is selected.
I then go to Advanced, export binnary, and I export to my sling box's SBAV file, using the name of an existing file already in the directory. If I try to create a new one, the slingbox will not recognize it.
Then I go to my slingbox, and select the new bin, and wha lah, nothing.
Am I missing something in my steps?
Thanks,
Blane
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jp1chiro wrote:
...using the name of an existing file already in the directory. If I try to create a new one, the slingbox will not recognize it.

That's the part we need to focus on. First off, unless you're 100% confident that you have an older JU box, you should probably create both a JU and a PL upgrade bin files and save them both in the SBAV folder.

Personally, I would use a name for the upgrade that you can be 100% positive is NOT already in the Slingbox, as that way you can be certain that it's your upgrade that's getting loaded and not some pre-existing code.

The process to get the codes into the Slingbox has slightly changed from what it was in the early days, so look at "step 4" in the following document to make sure you're doing it correctly...

http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/11832/
jigglypuff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is another way to do it easily..... load another pc with your original bundled software that came with the slingbox..... and use that to install the remote code... u will have a cfg file in there u can edit..... even though your slingbox is updated with the new firmware... u can still use the old client software to program it.... once the code is in the slingbox, it will hold it until you try to reprogram it again......
i have the old slingplayer software on my desktop in case i need to reprogram it, and the new slingplayer software on my laptop.
hope this helps
firehawk007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody have luck getting the Triple Dragon slingmedia remote working? I tried the two KM files and exported to Slingmedia bin file and they don't work. Any help will be greatly apprciated. Thanks....
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably need some more information on your attempt and procedure to offer much help. This thread has some basic procedures. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7153&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
and this thread has some detailed instructions. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7095&highlight=
firehawk007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the steps that I took. Downloaded the two version of the KeyMapMaster file from the file download section. Launched the RM application and opened the the first version of the KeyMapMaster file. Selected the slingmedia JL from the upgrade drop down device list. Went to the Advance tab and click on Export as a Binary File and saved it in the slinemedia SBAV directory. Launched the Audio/Video setting and at the remote control part, selected other and put in the file name as the one I saved which defaults to V2000. Reads in the file fine but when I try to use the remote such as power on and off, it doesnt' turn the receiver off. I also tried the version 2 of the KeyMapMaster and same result. Really appreciated all the help you guys are providing. Let me know if there are any questions. Thanks...
firehawk007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a typo on my previous feedback. It should have been slingbox JU file since I have the 2.0 IR blaster version. Thanks....
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any buttons work? Some Sat boxes don't do power on and off normally.
Are you leaving the name the same as it was exported by RM?
Try changing the setup code in the setup tab, just in case there is an internal code with the same number. (instead of 2000 but less than 2048)
You could also try changing the device type to Sat instead of PVR (this will change the starting letter from V to S; again just in case of an internal duplication of codes.

I don't have one of these (obviously) but the "red", "green", and "sleep" buttons (and a few others) get lost in the switch from a 6131 to a Slingbox remote and need to be reassigned to buttons on either the "buttons" or "layout" page in RM.

There is also the possibility that a new box version has cropped up. This means new learns from the original remote will be needed.
firehawk007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the buttons work and yes I'm leaving the name the same as it was exported by RM. I do get warning about the 4 color not mapped due to selecting the sling upgrade device. Will give the code name change a shot and will get back to you with the results. Thanks for your great help. Much appreciated.
firehawk007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got it working with V2044 as the name of the file with few minor bugs. V2000 does conflict with another remote. The bug that I'm experiencing is that when I change channels with same double digits it adds the same extra digit at the end. For example if I change the channel 122, it adds extra 2 at the end so it's trying to change to channel 1222. Any channel besides double digit works fine. Is there any way of fixing that? Also, I tried remapping the color keys and weren't able to find it on the sling remote. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: