JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a pointer (or two) please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnkrer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: a pointer (or two) please! Reply with quote

Hi,

(If you dont want to waste time with the rambling, just go to the last paragraph, that has my question Wink
First HUGE thanks to the owner (Robman) and others on the forum. I have been using cinema7 for last 5-6 years with the help of this excellent tutorial

Recently I took the plunge, made myself a JP1 cable (my efforts to solder a pin to the 6 holes of cinema7, however, was a failure Sad) and made a 15-2104 work for my hauppauge. Once again thanks go to all you guys.

Upto that point, I managed without asking any questions. Now I have to put 2 dvds, one computer (using usb-uirt), 1 vcr, 1 TV (syntax LT30HV with horrible lack of discrete codes), 1 rcvr on one remote that is wife friendly. and without jp1 cinema 7 is out of question. (and I have to say that of all three remotes I am using, 15-2104, 15-2117 and cinema7, cinema7 has the best layout, or may be I am most used to it Wink ) 15-2104 was already out of memory. So I have now installed extender3 on 15-2117. (15-2104 remains as the remote in use, while 2117 is work in progress)

So I am reading all the stuff again, and I need to do device specific macros, toadtog, and bunch of other tough to digest stuff and if I can find the report of someone who programmed something similar using extender and these protocols, that would be immense help. (its much better than the more technical help, at least to start with.) and then I could ask better questions. So could you folks point me to someone's "how I programmed my 19 devices using JP1" report? (I swear I found one and now I can not Sad )

Thanks

Last edited by tnkrer on Tue May 23, 2006 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Capn Trips' famous Home Theatre setup here. Best get a pencil and paper and write things down as several macros are linked and it might help to break things down into their component parts so you get a clearer picture of what is going on.
tnkrer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks, but that one will take a while to decode. I suppose reading them in RM and IR is what I will need to do.

To start with, I was looking for something like what Rob provided in the tips and tricks for cinema 7. That not only told me how to create the macros for power on/ power off, but also where to put them to be really useful. So what are the similar best practises when creating a macro using JP1 and extender. use phantoms for input selects? where to put the all required devices power on macro and where to put the power off macro (preferrably on 2117)

Last edited by tnkrer on Tue May 23, 2006 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to toot my own horn (since UQ did so nicely, thanks) but the Notes on the General page of that IR file pretty much explain exactly that.

Quote:
General design:
(1) Phantom 1 is discrete on (via either advanced code or ToadTog - for SA Box and VCR/DVD player);
(2) Phantom 2 is discrete off (as above - except for Sky+ Box workaround via:Discrete on, Pause,Pause, Power Toggle);
(3) Device Buttons are programmed via Macros and LKPs on Phantom 3 to select the device (x-shift Phantom 1) via short keypress and turn on and line up all equipment for the appropriate device (Phantom1s and x-shift Phantom 2) on a long keypress;
(3a) Similarly to but distinct from (3) above, the HT button is used as the "out-of-synch" power toggle for the Sharp DVD/VCR on short and overall setup for Camcorder viewing on long keypress;
(3b) Also analogous to (3a), the AUX device button is used as the "out-of-synch" power toggle for the SA AFN box on short and overall setup for viewing a PC-output (RGB to the TV, and Aux input to the receiver)
(4) "Power" is programmed with LKPs to turn off the selected device on short press, and turn off ALL devices (shift-Phantom 2 macro) on long press;
(5) shift-Phantom 3 has Custom Mode Name for all device modes - is called in xshift-Phantom 1/2 device selection macros);
(6) LKP on "Stop" for both DVD and VCR to "open"/"eject" on long press;
(7) In CD mode, keys 1-5 have LKPs for Disc Selection - short sends digit 1-5, whilst long sends DISC 1-5 ;

(9) Created a 1 minute "commercial skip" for Sky+ PVR via Macro on COM/SKIP;
(10) "Sleep" button macro activates VCR timer for recording;
(11) "shift-Light" macro operates Receiver front panel dimmer;
(12) "Ch+/-" for RCVR/AMP assigned LKPs: short is Preset Station +/-, long is Tuner Frequency +/-.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
tnkrer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Capn Trips. That is exactly what I was looking for.
(dont have ir at work, so didn't open up your files yet. will do so tonight Very Happy)
tnkrer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: another one I found Reply with quote

Here is a detailed description (though a bit old)

Also found the thread by Capn Trips which should be retitled "How I set up my remote" and made a sticky!
In that thread, all can post their remote programming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: