JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need codes for Next Level RG2000 Qwest Choice TV and Online
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jd00005

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Need codes for Next Level RG2000 Qwest Choice TV and Online Reply with quote

Has anyone the IR codes for Qwests early model vDSL gateway? This seems a bit rare but thanks in advance for any help here. Thanks, JD
scottz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.
These vDSL gateways contain the following models RG2000 RG2200 and RG2400. All can use the same remotes models SRC-200 and SRC-300A.

Most of this equipment was manufactured by Next Level then purchased by Motorola. Even though many devices (remotes) come pre-programmed to support Motorla and Next Level devices, I have not seen any that have worked with this video gateways.

These video gateways support 3 simultanious streams of Video and primarly use RF however also use IR to control stream1 video.

I am willing to send a remote to someone if they are willing to supply a working bin file for us (no need to return the remote). Let me know.

Thanks,
ScottZ
classicsat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try General Instrument/GI/Motorola cable and satellite codes. I believe it is the same as Starchoice and 4DTV.
scottz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tied all General Instrument, Motorola, Next Level, and Expressvu options (among others) for both Cable and Satelite settings.

None worked.

Thanks,
Scott
scottz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the learned keys from ir.exe here. The problem I have is I am unable to get anything to recognize the protocols. Can anyone help us get a working file?

Thanks,
ScottZ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scottz, try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3534
scottz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,
I tried your file, loaded it with RM, selected the SlingMedia JU remote (Blaster v2.0), exported bin, put it in the SBAV folder, Tried to load Cable -> Other C2000, recieved the error "The Slingbox cannot load the IR code you selected"...

I basically followed your instructions here
http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/10580/

Am I missing something? Where did you get this RM configuration from?
I am running SlingPlayer 1.3.0.176

Thank you for your help this far,
ScottZ
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you try it with the Slingbox, try it with your URC-8910, making sure to delete the learned signals first. That at least will tell us if the upgrade itself works, or if you've just made a mistake loading it onto the Slingbox. When installing it into your URC-8910, don't forget the Protocol Upgrade.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
scottz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,
I have two OFA remote, I learned the signals with a 9910 and I am doing my testing on a 8810.

I loaded me .ir file, copied Robman's Protocol and Device information from RM->IR and the 8810 remote will not work with my video device.

Based on your instruction, may I assume that if I plug in the 9910, then in IR I download from remote, plug in the 8810 and upload to remote, the 8810 wont work? It doesn't work based on my tests.

I have done my testing with IR70Beta2, IR620, and RM1.64.

-ScottZ
scottz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS.

I was able to get the .bin to load into the Slingbox by changing the Sling remote to PL, even though my properties indicate Blaster v2.0. For what its worth, my serial number starts with SB100-100-606 Did I misunderstand the instructions or do I have a new serial number range?

RobMan, can you point to instructions on how you made the KM/RM .txt file so I can generate new versions if I desire?

I work for a Video service provider for Motorola/Next Level equipment, we will evanulate the Sling with our equipment in detail and consider purchasing dozens of Slings for testing our video services out of a variety of remote DSLAMs.

RobMan and Gary, thank you for your help, it is very much apreciated.

-ScottZ
scottz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I believe others can use these files, the Sling bin files for the JU and PL blasters can be found here http://www.punknet.org/sling/

-ScottZ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottz wrote:
RobMan, can you point to instructions on how you made the KM/RM .txt file so I can generate new versions if I desire?

It's not really a process that's designed for beginners, but here goes...

1) I took the timing data from the IR file that you posted and converted it into binary.
2) I used the "Protocol Builder" spreadsheet to create a new executor for it.
3) I copied the binary data into a spreadsheet so I could calculate the OBCs.
4) I selected "Manual Settings" in KM, copied in the functions and OBCs and assigned the functions to buttons.
scottz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
scottz wrote:

It's not really a process that's designed for beginners, but here goes...

1) I took the timing data from the IR file that you posted and converted it into binary.
2) I used the "Protocol Builder" spreadsheet to create a new executor for it.
3) I copied the binary data into a spreadsheet so I could calculate the OBCs.
4) I selected "Manual Settings" in KM, copied in the functions and OBCs and assigned the functions to buttons.

I am happy it wasn't something I should have been able to figure out, and thank you for doing all that work. If I have another go around I will give it a try.

Can the IR/RM/KM applications be updated to support this hardware? I have seen people struggle quite a bit in other forums/threads.

-ScottZ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottz wrote:
Can the IR/RM/KM applications be updated to support this hardware? I have seen people struggle quite a bit in other forums/threads.

Which hardware do you mean? I think what you're really asking is "Can the JP1 tools be updated to support this IR protocol?" I don't know how likely it is, but the answer is yes. The first step would be to have DecodeIR updated to recognise the protocol. Next, KM and/or RM would have to have support for the protocol added. However, for this particular device, the KM file that I created will enable any JP1 user to add the code to his remote or Slingbox.

Even if we add support for the protocol to the JP1 tools, I don't see how it would help non-JP1 people who may be struggling with it.
helpmesling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Slingbox w/RG2200 Reply with quote

Hi, I just got a Slingbox but I can't change channels on my Motorola RG2200 box. I talked with Slingbox and they couldn't help me, so I've been reading these forums and see that many have been successful getting the remote to work. Most of the info here makes NO no sense to me! Could someone help me sift through all the technical stuff to get my box working?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: