JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LG LRM-519 remote control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
memo90061

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: LG LRM-519 remote control Reply with quote

I have been looking online for this and found this forum. I didnt know where i should ask the question. Embarassed Today I barely got the LRM-519 DVR and I cant program the recorder's control to program my time. Its a RCA F19426 tv and the code isnt listed on the manual. I tried looking online but I couldnt find anything maybe its because im sleepy Embarassed Where can I get the code? Ill keep on looking but if anyone would help me I would really appreciate it. I have another question Embarassed I'm new to DVR's and I was wondering if it was normal for the DVR to change the channels of satellite so slow? When I was doing the setup for the DVR I tested all the speeds and they were all the same. It takes around 30 seconds to change the channel Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: LG LRM-519 remote control Reply with quote

memo90061 wrote:
Today I barely got the LRM-519 DVR and I cant program the recorder's control to program my time.

You might have to re-ask these questions when you're less sleepy because I don't understand what you're asking. What sort of time do you want the DVR's remote to program?

memo90061 wrote:
Its a RCA tv and the code isnt listed on the manual.

How does your RCA TV affect how you're programming your LRM DVR?

memo90061 wrote:
I'm new to DVR's and I was wondering if it was normal for the DVR to change the channels of satellite so slow? When I was doing the setup for the DVR I tested all the speeds and they were all the same. It takes around 30 seconds to change the channel Sad

I'm not familiar with the "LMR" brand of DVRs, but I am familiar with Tivo and ReplayTV, and sometimes it can appear that the channels change slowly. Most DVRs actually have a few seconds of delay built in between when the live TV show comes into the DVR and when it gets displayed on the TV screen, so when you change a channel it can take a few seconds for the change to appear on the screen. But having said that, 30 seconds (if that's not an exageration) does seem excessive.

Of course, the bigger question is, if you've got a DVR, why are you still watching live TV?
memo90061

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh sorry. let me make things clearer. I got lost reading what I wrote. Sorry.

I have 2 questions.

1. Where can I get codes from the LG LRM 519 DVR's remote control to program the tv? The manual doesnt have any RCA codes to program the tv.

2. Is it normal for the DVR to change the satellite channels slow? It takes like around 30 seconds to change the channel. Well its around 20 - 30 seconds.

thats the DVD recorder/DVR

Again I apologize for not making sense Embarassed
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, you want to use the remote that came with your new DVR (which is billed as a "programmable" remote) to control your RCA television. It's a pretty new deice and you may have some hard work to do. The following scenarios are possible:

1] This remote is JP1-enabled. Check and see if there is a 6-pin connector hidden in the battery compartment. Sadly, I doubt if it will be JP1-programmable but you never know.

2] This remote has a library of built-in codes which you cannot alter. You don't have a code listed for your RCA TV.

2a] There is no code. End of story

2b] One of the codes listed for another TV might work your TV.

The most likely is scenario 2a], i.e. out of luck but in case 2b] is viable then you need to search for another TV - which is listed in your manual - that uses the same IR protocol and codes as your RCA TV.

There are upgrades listed here for RCA TVs and for many other TVs:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=23
I think you need to download the RCA TV upgrade and look at it in a text editor or with either KM or RM (programs available free from this site). Near the top of the text file you will see:

Code:
Name:,RCA TV,,,,v8.24,,,,,,,CURRENT DATA
Devices:,RCA,15,,,,,,,,,,

Now open lots of other files and look for something similar:

Code:
Name:,Some Other TV,,,,v8.24,,,,,,,CURRENT DATA
Devices:,RCA,15,,,,,,,,,,

In the end, of course, you might like to buy a nice, new JP1-enabled remote, join the party and control all your devices.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the LG remote is really a universal remote, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't include a code for RCA TVs.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If RCA isn't listed, try GE, Proscan, or even Thomson.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, good call Edmund.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effectively limited to trying GE as Thomson isn't listed in the manual for this product and Proscan is largely a subset of GE. There appear to be a maximum of 256 codes in this remote so it could boil down to trying every one.
memo90061

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed LG and they told me that the only codes that work are the ones that are in the manual. That sucks. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

Right now I was trying out the GE codes and one of them worked but it doesnt turn on the tv. Everything else works the volume, mute, and to turn it off but it doesnt turn it on.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess you've found out the hard way why most people end up putting their OEM remotes in a drawer and buying a good universal instead. That's what this JP1 group is all about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: