JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advantages of new interface types

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetstar52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Advantages of new interface types Reply with quote

Will the new serial and USB jp1 interfaces do anything that the parallel port interfaces can't do?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Advantages of new interface types Reply with quote

jetstar52 wrote:
Will the new serial and USB jp1 interfaces do anything that the parallel port interfaces can't do?

I am taking a shot in the dark here but from what I have been following the simple answer is no since they all read and write the entire EEPROM. However, it does address a major problem coming down the road related to many new systems not having a parallel port anymore. It looks like a lot of hardware manufacturers are going the way of USB. For example my new laptop does not have a PS2 mouse or keyboard port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: