JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simple Interface with 1K resistors and Signal Diode problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajun007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Simple Interface with 1K resistors and Signal Diode problems Reply with quote

The IR check Interface test always gives me "No Response from Interface" regardless of the battery combinations I've tried.

This post might be long.. i'll try to describe everything in as much details as possible.

I made the Simple Interface JP1 cable with 2 1K resistors and the Signal Diode 1N4148 (RadioShack didn't have any Schottky Diodes 1N5818).

Does anyone know if this is a problem? Do 10K resistors have to be used with the signal diode?

My remote is the URC-8910B02. If it matters, I saw the ring device when I openned the remote. The tests fails with the same message on both my IBM T40 laptop and my desktop system. I think I have the correct port set because "No response from remote" is reported if I put a jumper across pins 2 & 11 on the parallel port. I also set the Transmission delay in IR to 1600 as pointed out in the test section of SimpleRev5.pdf.

I've tested all my solder connections, verified 1K resistence for each of the wires 5 & 6 from 6 pin connection end to the DB25 pin end. Checked polarity of diode (black bar is on the side of DB25 pin 2).

when I tried to put in fresh batteries, all items on the LCD display show up and stay on. No flashing, not sure if that is normal. The 6 pin connecter side was improvised with two 3 hole fan connectors.

8910 is a popular remote and i've read that many people have it working. I just can't figure out why my setup doesn't work.
ajun007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Interface with 1K resistors and Signal Diode prob Reply with quote

1K resitors DO work with the Signal Diodes.
s
This is embarassing, but I read the jumper pin-out wrong. I'm used to JP1 being jumper 1. Totally overlooked the notch and the diagrams in the documentation.

Doh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: