JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Free To Air" digital TV set top boxes (UK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: "Free To Air" digital TV set top boxes (UK) Reply with quote

I have just uploaded a 11 new KM files for "Free To Air" digital TV boxes, that are used in the UK to the "HDTV" folder at Yahoo. So, if you're looking for any of the following brands, check them out:

Daewoo, Ferguson, Goodmans, Grundig, Haupauge, Labgear, Netgem, Nokia, Pace, Panasonic, Sony, Thomson, Triax.

If you do successfully use one of these upgrades, could you please verify that it works and please state the model number, etc of the device because (over here in the States) we know very little about these devices.
jpatel3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Thomson Freeview Box Almost Works Reply with quote

Rob, I have a URC7562 remote and tried the 1291 code on my Thomson Freeview box. I manage to get the box to flash its LED at me everytime I press a button on the remote but none of the actual functions actually operate on the box.

I was thinking that somehow I have the wrong (or a missing) protocol. The KM file mentions:

'Undocumented Protocol. Enter Dev/Parms as required. Select the proper setting for 'Signal Style' below.'

What does this mean? The KM section titled 'S3C8+ Protocol Code:' doesn't have anything in it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jay
mappedyr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the codes for my Grundig GDT 1500. I remapped the keys for my URC-8910 and now I got it all working. Thanks!

Keep up the good work, Rob.

/Kjeld (Denmark)
iancoates

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Yahoo Grups access Reply with quote

How do I access this yahoo group? THe page does not recognise me as a member.

It says that all files should be on the JP1 forum. Can you post these files on here?

Thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as joining the group, there should be a link on THIS PAGE near the top that says "Sign up".

If you are already a Yahoo member, then there should be a button near the top right (a bit below the "Search" box) that says "Join This Group!"

Click there and off you go.

As for shifting the upgrades from Yahoo to here, there was/is an ongoing effort to transfer all of the files over, but it's time-consuming and all-volunteer work.

What brand of receiver are you looking for, and I'll transfer any pertinent files, but I'm not going to transfer all ten or so Rob refers to.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
iancoates

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Slingbox codes Reply with quote

I am trying top get my US purchased (Sling seem to be taking their time releasing the UK version) slingbox to control a Freeview, Digilogic DSTB1000, I think it is a generic box used in the UK to receive terrestial digital tv. I have established (I think) that it is made by Vestel and can sometimes be badged as a Goodmans GDB3, or a Matsui DTR1, or an Alba ( no model number)

Appreciate any help you can give

I do have a pronto Learning remote - which does not seem to learn - some time since I used it so I will dig out the paperwork and see how to use that. Then maybe I can get the codes for this box.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Goodman's upgrade.

So could you join the Yahoo group?

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
iancoates

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Got onto Yahoo Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I got the files from Yahoo, but they did not work. Possible problem with the RDF file, I got another version of the slingbox rdf file and tried the SAGEM files found on here they now operate the slingbox, so I'm mostly there, just looking for freeview image files tio add to the sling player.
I am sure I saw them somewhere.

Thanks for your help though, This means I did not waste money buying this us box. though the s-video input seems to provide only black and white picture.. I am usingthe video input which works ok, though possibly not as good quality. Still it seems a great piece of kit, can't wait till my next trip abroad.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert by ANY stretch, but I might suggest two possible (don't know if likely) causes:

(1)It MIGHT be a PAL/NTSC thing?!? Check to see if there is a setup menu where you have to define what type of signal goes to the S-video output. (Or if your monitor is expecting one and you're providing another?)

(2) Does this unit have Component video out? Some devices will only provide output to EITHER the component OR S-video out, so again, there would be setting in a setup screen somewhere where you select this.

Hope this helps, if not, at least I tried. Wink

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: