JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning up a new upgrade file for posting? Sceptre X37SV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
semuther

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Cleaning up a new upgrade file for posting? Sceptre X37SV Reply with quote

I've been working on an upgrade file for my Sceptre X37SV-Naga Ver. 3 LCD panel for use on the URC8910. Having found that many of the set's functions respond to the Sony TV commands (0000), I took one of the upgrade files for a more advanced Sony TV, loaded into Keymap Master and proceeded to do the following:

- Appropriately renamed the functions that worked for my TV
- Deleted the functions that didn't work
- Added new functions based on learned buttons as decoded by IR.
- Arranged the whole key map.

Now that this is done, how do I do a name sort of my new function list? Data sort seems to be locked out. Also, asside from changing the device name for the file, what else is appropriate for me to change as far as notes etc. of an upgrage before I offer it to the Files section?

Thanks

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using KM, you would need to cut and paste the data to a seperate spreadsheet, sort it and then cut & paste it back to KM. If you're using RM you just need to click on the column heading.

Use whatever notes and naming convertions that you feel are appropiate for your TV and then re-load it, with our thanks! Smile
semuther

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you're using KM, you would need to cut and paste the data to a seperate spreadsheet, sort it and then cut & paste it back to KM. If you're using RM you just need to click on the column heading.

Thanks, I will give that a try. I am concerned it would force me to have to arrange my key map again but I suppose it won't be that big a problem. I have not tried RM yet but probably should one of these days.

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semuther wrote:
I am concerned it would force me to have to arrange my key map again but I suppose it won't be that big a problem.

It won't, as long as you don't change the function names in the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: