JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 ready learning remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
utmba95

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: JP1 ready learning remote Reply with quote

Hi,

My URC-6800B bit the dust, and I'm having trouble figuring out what currently available remotes are JP1-ready (with connector), learning and cheap. I just need something to learn commands when I get new equipment. Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any JP1 remotes that are currently available will require a different JP1 cable than the one that you have been using with your URC-6800 remote. So, you're either looking at buying a new cable *and* remote, or if you want to keep your old cable, you'll need to check ebay to see which older remotes are still available.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although there is no picture, MCM lists this: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-/32-26460

The discription only says: UNIVERSAL REMOTE NS-RC01G-09 BLACK, INSIGNIA AND DYNEX TVS and nothing else. The price is good at $13.95.

Here is the thread here describing this remote: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11728&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

This is JP1.3, so as Rob said, it need a different cable.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote chart will tell you what's JP1 and learning. The URC-8910 is a good JP1 learner that's $20 shipped on ebay.
utmba95

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I just now stumbled upon the remote chart. That was exactly what I needed. Now I have to decide whether to get an IR widget or a new remote and cable! $50-70 is a lot to invest for my $20 remotes. Smile

Actually I have a URC-9800 that I've read can be hacked to access the EEPROM that stores the learning codes, but the links to the instructions are all dead. If anybody could point me to that doc, it might be a good stop gap until I decide what to do next.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: