JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Intermittent communiucation with IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattg865

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These 4 AAA battery remotes seem to be picky when they will and will not communicate. Believe it or not, just last night I tried it with no batteries and it did talk. I tried it over and over again and sometimes it would not talk. When I use the method of keeping the LED lit, when the LED goes out when plugging the JP1 cable to it, it just barely has to touch the 6 pin interface to make the LED go out.

It wouldn't seem to me that it's making intermittent contact. I wouldn't know how to disassemble it though. Oh and when it doesn't talk, I repeatedly use that method of holding down an active button until I get that LED to remain lit. I guess this also applies to LCD remotes too, instead of an LED I think there is a little icon in the LCD screen that tells you when you are holding a button down and emitting a signal. I forgot that my method doesn't all ways work for me. But I keep at that method until it works. It doesn't take that long when I do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: