JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF for Scientific Atalanta ER3 3 button remote *incorrect*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kabrera

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: RDF for Scientific Atalanta ER3 3 button remote *incorrect* Reply with quote

I noticed that the RDF contains the wrong mapping for this remote, there are 2 RDF ER1 and Scientific Atlanta 3 button neither one works properly.

Now if I only knew how or where to begin fixing it Crying or Very sad
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the surface because I don't have one of the remotes the RDF looks OK.

Tell me what kind of problem you are having. I can't diagnose it with the info you provided.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: RDF for Scientific Atalanta ER3 3 button remote *incorre Reply with quote

kabrera wrote:
...there are 2 RDF ER1 and Scientific Atlanta 3 button neither one works properly.
Which 2 RDF files are you referring to? The current RDF distribution contains only one RDF file for this remote: ER10 (Scientific-Atlanta ER1 (Explorer 3-device)).rdf. This would be the most current, and any others you might find are obsolete. This one does require using IR v6 or later (because of the MultiMacro support).

Like Nils above, I do not have one of these remotes for testing. However, two years ago another JP1 user sent the remote to me, and I created the current RDF file. It was tested with the remote when I had it, so I find it very puzzling that you claim it has "wrong mapping".

What this remote does have is a tendency to use the functions defined in Cable mode for nearly every button, even when in TV or VCR mode. This can make things very confusing. For example, in TV mode, the only button set to TV is TV (the power button). Another couple of examples: the slide switch determines whether the transport keys (play, stop, ff, rew, pause) use cable or VCR codes, regardless of which device button is active; you can turn off VPT, but then the remote will behave as if VPT was set to Cable. This remote does not execute key moves, and it can only execute macros on the A, B or C buttons.

All in all, this is one of the more useless UEI remotes. I'm sure you can get some use out of it, but your expectations should not be very high because of all the limitations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: