JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung HT-DB600?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codewhacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Samsung HT-DB600? Reply with quote

Are there codes available for the Samsung HT-DB600 home theater in a box? I'm deciding whether to tool up to reprogram this URC-8910 or return it.

Thanx in advance.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung HT-DB600? Reply with quote

codewhacker wrote:
Are there codes available for the Samsung HT-DB600 home theater in a box? I'm deciding whether to tool up to reprogram this URC-8910 or return it.

Thanx in advance.

I just took a quick look and the exact upgraded device your looking for is in the jp1 files/device codes/Home Theater area. Use the link for jp1file area below my name to get there. It is for a RS2116/2117 but you can open it in KM and change the remote type and rearrange the buttons any way you want them.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are asking about:

1) A 4 digit setup code where all the buttons are exactly where you want them: probably not.

2) Whether the 8910 can programmed to do 1) with some effort beyond typing in a four digit setup code and a JP1 cable: yes

3) Whether the Samsung HTIB has discrete commands in the first place: I don't know. Samsung has only recently put discrete power and input commands in their high end HDTV's.

4) Can the Pronto, Harmony, MX series, etc, etc. send out any IR command that the 8910 can't: No
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have added to my post that there are in fact no built in device codes in the 8910 for Samsung HTIB systems. The only way to add one is via jp1 (best bet) or from OFA (minimal upgrade) over the phone.

If it is a newer 8910 they may have snuck in device 1295 which is the one they give over the phone but I doubt it.

As far as discrete codes I am not sure about the 600 but since is is basically an upgraded 150 or 250 I doubt if there is any for it.
codewhacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gentlemen. Looks like I'll be ordering a JP1 cable.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codewhacker wrote:

Best move you will ever make in the remote control arena.. And now you can start reading all the tutorials and posts.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codewhacker wrote:
"We have drawn another to the Dark Side, my master. The force is strong within him. {Evil Laugh} He will serve us well."
JP1Files
codewhacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
codewhacker wrote:
"We have drawn another to the Dark Side, my master. The force is strong within him. {Evil Laugh} He will serve us well."

The dark side, indeed! Ordering be hanged, I just built a JP1 cable. It seems to work, too, as far as IR is concerned. But using RemoteMaster to import the DB600 device upgrade... well, everything looks like it works. Only after uploading with IR, the remote doesn't affect the receiver.

Have you a clue to spare? (or point me at the right forum)
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you enter the device type and upgrade setup code to a device button in IR on the general tab?

Jim
codewhacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
Did you enter the device type and upgrade setup code to a device button in IR on the general tab?

Yep, mapped it to the RCVR button with the setup code 1600 (which I assigned when I imported, as well as specifying RCVR as the device type). When I hit the RCVR button, it shows the 1600 setup code on the LCD, but no button action.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the led blinking at all when you press a button? If not that generaly means there is nothing assigned to the button.

If you imported someone elses upgrade into RM or KM and changed the remote type you may have to reassign the functions to buttons.

If you created your own upgrade in RM or KM make sure everything matches what you learned from the other remote in the setup and functions panels. Try learning something from the OEM remote to your remote and download it to IR and compare it to either upgrade for protocol and other setup information.
codewhacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Did you see the led blinking at all when you press a button? If not that generaly means there is nothing assigned to the button.

If you imported someone elses upgrade into RM or KM and changed the remote type you may have to reassign the functions to buttons.

If you created your own upgrade in RM or KM make sure everything matches what you learned from the other remote in the setup and functions panels. Try learning something from the OEM remote to your remote and download it to IR and compare it to either upgrade for protocol and other setup information.

The LED blinks, so I've got something assigned. I used the samsung_HT-DB600_0600.txt file from the Yahoo group files area. It lists the 15-2116/7 and I have a URC-8910. Might that be the problem?

BTW, how do you compare a learned command? I couldn't find the majic button to display the preset codes. And if I have to learn and clone, is there a HOWTO somewhere I can refer to?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codewhacker wrote:
I used the samsung_HT-DB600_0600.txt file from the Yahoo group files area. It lists the 15-2116/7 and I have a URC-8910. Might that be the problem?

Did you load the file in KM and change the remote to the 8910 BEFORE you copied the upgrade code into IR?

Device Upgrades are remote-specific. You cannot use an upgrade made for the 2116 in an 8910, etc.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codewhacker wrote:
The LED blinks, so I've got something assigned. I used the samsung_HT-DB600_0600.txt file from the Yahoo group files area. It lists the 15-2116/7 and I have a URC-8910. Might that be the problem?

BTW, how do you compare a learned command? I couldn't find the majic button to display the preset codes. And if I have to learn and clone, is there a HOWTO somewhere I can refer to?

I think you answered the question. Since the upgrade is for a 2116 and you have an 8910 after you open the upgrade in KM you need to change the remote type on the setup panel.

And yes, there is a tutorial for beginners that takes you through all of this step by step. It is in the beginers forum.
codewhacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
codewhacker wrote:
I used the samsung_HT-DB600_0600.txt file from the Yahoo group files area. It lists the 15-2116/7 and I have a URC-8910. Might that be the problem?

Did you load the file in KM and change the remote to the 8910 BEFORE you copied the upgrade code into IR?

Device Upgrades are remote-specific. You cannot use an upgrade made for the 2116 in an 8910, etc.

I'm not using KM, I'm using RM. (no Excel on the lappie, and OpenOffice can't handle the KM spreadsheet) I did change the remote type when I loaded the upgrade into RM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: