JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Apex remote codes in RCU810

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Problem with Apex remote codes in RCU810 Reply with quote

I have tried the two different pre made Apex 1110W codes on the JP1 Yahoo! group files section. I also just learned all of the buttons on my RCA RCU810, but none of the buttons work. A few of the buttons work, but not on the key that the Apex function is assigned to. Has anybody had this problem and know of a work around? It is very strange, since I thought it would atleast work when I manually taught the RCU810 all of the codes.

Thanks,
Dan
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ones did you try? Can you provide links to the files in question?

Which buttons work and which do not?

Since you're postingin the JP1 forum, I'll assume you have a JP1 cable. Can you provide your IR file downloaded from the remote? You can upload it into the diagnosis area here ( http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35 ). Please also post a link to the file here when you've uploaded it.

Best,
jeff

P.S. I see my pasting of the link to the diagnosis area is not a "live" link. you'll need to copy and paste it into a browser and then you'll get there. Sorry.
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Information now in Diagnosis section Reply with quote

I uploaded the two pre made files as well as my IR download with the learned buttons. The only one I can remember that works for sure is the stop button, which is the power on/off. I think the right arrow works the number 6 button. Most of the buttons do not do anything. I think the fast forward or stop button is the TV mode as well.

Thanks,
Dan

My IR download is marchewd's Apex DVD problem and the two Apex files are listed as Apex 1110W and Apex 1110W Basic
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From looking at your ir file. You have the upgrade in it as 1100 but dont have it set to any device key. Put the 1100 code on a device key and try again.
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Thanks, but I tried that already Reply with quote

I had it set to 1100 when I used those codes. Just to make sure they weren't conflicting, I changed the code to 539, a pre made code in the remote, to learn all of the Apex buttons. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking closer at your ir file. It seems you uploaded it from an upgrade for wrong remote and did not upload protocol upgrade that is necessary.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
P.S. I see my pasting of the link to the diagnosis area is not a "live" link. you'll need to copy and paste it into a browser and then you'll get there. Sorry.
That's because you put parens immediately around the URL. The forum software needs white space around URL to automatically generate links. I added a space at each end and now you havae a live link.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
marchewd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: How does that explain just learning the buttons? Reply with quote

How does that explain just learning the buttons from the Apex remote to the RCU810? I have used device files similiar to the Apex one, ones that were written for another remote, and just changed it in KM or RM to use the RCU810 without any problems. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,
Dan
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be its a problem with the learn signals. I have heard the 810 is not a great learner but have no first hand experience with it. It looks like the only that might be right is whatever you learned on guide.

Give this ir file a try to see if the changes work.

Last edited by whompus on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
Can you provide your IR file downloaded from the remote? Please also post a link to the file here when you've uploaded it.

Even though I normally don't look at files when the user doesn't provide a link (which means I have to go searching for the file) I made an exception here as you don't seem to be getting anywhere (but make a note for next time, the reason more people aren't helping is because you didn't provide links to your files).

marchewd wrote:
I uploaded the two pre made files as well as my IR download with the learned buttons.

There's absolutely no need to re-upload files that are already in the file section, just provide links to them.

marchewd wrote:
whompus wrote:
From looking at your ir file. You have the upgrade in it as 1100 but dont have it set to any device key. Put the 1100 code on a device key and try again.

I had it set to 1100 when I used those codes. Just to make sure they weren't conflicting, I changed the code to 539, a pre made code in the remote, to learn all of the Apex buttons. Any other suggestions?

If the file that you posted isn't the file that you actually tested with, what was the point in posting it. Please post the actual file that you used to test your upgrades. Looking at the file you did post, I came to the same conclusion as whompus, that you simply forgot to assign the DVD/1100 setup code to a device button. You would be surprised how often this turns out to be the actual answer!

Also, the file that you posted still has the learned signals in it, so even if you had assigned the upgrade to the DVD device button, it wouldn't have made any difference because the learned signals would override it.

Finally, your learned signals are garbage. It looks like all you captured was the tail end of the signal, not the data portion. The only learn that looks even vaguely valid is the one on the GUIDE button.

When you learn from another remote, you should put the RCU810 into learn mode BEFORE you start pressing the button on the other remote. Then you wait for about 1 second then you start pressing the other remote button.
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also let us know how it turns out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: