JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

re: modifying an existing device configuration (6200 -> 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: re: modifying an existing device configuration (6200 -> 6 Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got an 8811 running an extender. I to change as little as possibel with this configuration. I just upgraded to the comcast dvr from the 6200 straight HD box. I need to enable 2 functions:
1) swap
2) "Live"
Can someone either point me to an existing device upgrade (I found a rm version but I use ir) in KM format or give me the hex/efc codes and I'll just hack my setup in IR directly.

thanks,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 8811 is a learning remote, so why don't you just learn the two buttons and have IR.exe tell you what the hex/efc codes are?

If you think you can no longer learn because you have an extender installed, you are mistaken. Simply take a backup of your current IR file, then restore an image taken before you installed the extender. If no such image exists, reset the remote (by either removing a battery for a second, or by doing an upload or download using IR) then do a 981 reset. Once the remote is reset, use the learning feature to get the codes. After that, you can restore your backup image and add the EFCs as keymoves.
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob... Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks,
jeff
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
Thanks Rob... Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks,
jeff

I did exactly that and after 2 passes through the functions. It seems to be working correctly.

I ran into an excell problem though on my wife's laptop (win2000 box - I had to give back my winxp box in favor of an apple osX 10.3 laptop). I couldn't get the add-in's to turn of for running keymaster. I redid a custom install on the add-in's or least i thought I did and still no add-ins. Any ideas on this non-jp1 problem?

thanks,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using RM? Can you install Java on this PC?
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried RM. I can install Java on it. That might be a way to go if I can't get the add-in's installed.

I recall reading something about running IR on a mac g4 (os X 10.x). Have you heard about any more progress on that?

Thanks again. Was wife was pretty wowwed with the pausing of live tv with the dvr... that's a very good thing.
Best,
jeff
ddutton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along the lines of this topic. Can I take an existing device on my remote, code that came with my remote. Import it into RM from IR to add learned keys that weren't included and back to IR?
classicsat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, as the device would be in the ROM portion of the chip. You can add the extra keys as keymoves though, in most cases.
blackest_knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

classicsat wrote:
No, as the device would be in the ROM portion of the chip. You can add the extra keys as keymoves though, in most cases.

what about if you had two remotes one of them a learning remote could you get the learning remote to learn the modified device with advanced codes and create an upgrade in IR from that?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackest_knight wrote:
could you get the learning remote to learn the modified device with advanced codes and create an upgrade in IR from that?
Sure, but why re-invent the wheel? As I said here check to see if there's already an upgrade that works. There's one for a Sanyo VCR VHR-778 that uses the same codes as VCR/0104.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: