JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SDA Being Held Low!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That's probably a good idea. Maybe someone who knows more about the USB interface than me can comment further.

Well I removed and re-installed the usb drivers, moved the usb cable to a different location still isn't working. I've seen old posts referring to ir 5.02 would that work with my current ir file?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Maybe someone who knows more about the USB interface than me can comment further.
I don't know what causes these problems but my homemade USB cable was built on the original design done by Joe Cutler. Tommy came along and modified it (see USB UPGRADE.doc) and I changed mine to that latest rev. I have never had any problems on the 3 PC's I've used it with. All are WinXP Home SR-2 with the standard drivers available from Delcom.

Instead of removing and reinstalling the drivers, one can try to delete the device under Device Manager, manually delete the files, and then try reinstalling the device from scratch.

On my system the files are located in:
USBIODS.inf = \Widows\inf
USBIODS.sys = \Windows\system32\drivers
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
I don't know what causes these problems but my homemade USB cable was built on the original design done by Joe Cutler. Tommy came along and modified it (see USB UPGRADE.doc) and I changed mine to that latest rev. I have never had any problems on the 3 PC's I've used it with. All are WinXP Home SR-2 with the standard drivers available from Delcom.

I bought the cable from Rob I don't know what design is used, and perhaps a bad one slipped thru.

Quote:
Instead of removing and reinstalling the drivers, one can try to delete the device under Device Manager, manually delete the files, and then try reinstalling the device from scratch.

On my system the files are located in:
USBIODS.inf = \Widows\inf
USBIODS.sys = \Windows\system32\drivers

I tried deleting the device and files again without success. So I'll just have to continue using the parallel cable and consider the usb cable a lost cause.

Thanks, Ed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My USB cables come from DIY Gadget, so you could check that site for additional info.
leesweet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, another voice here... purchased two 8910s and a USB cable (new Dell w/o parallel port, yada yada...) from Rob and ...

After messing around, loading the drivers from the DIY site, I got the same SDA error. The USB cable indeed has the cable off the pin header the opposite way from most/all parallel cables we are used to. The cable goes *up* the remote back, and not off the bottom as did the parallel. Turn it around, works perfectly with IR.

(I know it says that up there somewhere, but in case people miss it or are unsure....)
chas6000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Keep messing with the Batteries!!! Reply with quote

I swear. listen to the man, the Robman. just keep messing with the batteries and damned if it doesnt work!

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: