JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8910/9910 Generic Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: 8910/9910 Generic Device Reply with quote

Warning - JP1 noob.

I'm looking for a device (upgrade or otherwise) for my 9910 that sends a unique code for each of the buttons on my remote. I'll be using this device to fire signals to Girder.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Ian
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Fire up KM or RM.
2) Pick any protocol (I would recommend NEC2)
3) Enter any random device and subdevice codes (eg, 123 and 210)
4) Select OBC mode (if using KM)
5) Go to the Functions tab and enter OBCs from 0 thru whatever for the default function names
6) Go to the Buttons tab and make sure that every button has a unique function assigned to it.
7) Load your upgrade
impius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't there any devices that would fit this need without using upgrade memory?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I take that to mean that you've already got so many upgrades installed that your upgrade memory is almost all used up? As you had declared yourself to be a newbie, I was assuming that that wasn't the case.

Assuming that your upgrade memory is all used up, it is possible that you can find a built in code where most of the buttons are populated with unique codes, but it will take some time and effort on your part to find the best code for this purpose. I can practically guarantee you that you won't find a built in code where EVERY button is programmed with a unique code (some will be dups, others will be blank) so you'll need to determine which buttons need fixing and then use keymoves to fix those (assuming that you have some keymove memory left).

Maybe a better exercise would be to go over all of your current upgrades to see if you're making the best use of the upgrade memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: