JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

code for TV Thomson 32WF402G and RC 15-2133

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukas_cz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: code for TV Thomson 32WF402G and RC 15-2133 Reply with quote

Hi,
have anybody code for TV Thomson 32WF402G,orig.RC RC311TA1G
and RC 15-2133. I can't upload the codes from OFA European for RC URC8060 by PC (wav file).
Thanks a best regards
lukas
Czech republic
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15-2133 is a learning remote and it appears that you still have the original OEM remote, so have you tried learning the signals to see what the codes are?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Thomson TV's use the Thomson protocol, device 12. (I think the rest use RECS80 protocol, device 7).

I think the TV/0625 in the urc7541, urc7560 and 8060 Kameleon is Thomson device 12.

I don't see "Thomson" protocol in KM. It uses UEI protocol 004B. RemoteMaster seems to have correct support for it.

It is possible to create an upgrade in KM by protocol ID (004B) rather than by protocol name. It takes a little specialized knowledge to convert the device number and OBC values into the fixed data and EFC values that are required when KM doesn't have protocol specific programming. I'm sure one of the experts will help you duplicate TV/0625 if it turns out to be what you need. There are also many CCF files likely to contain extra commands missing from TV/0625.

Rob's suggestion is a good starting point. First find out whether you need Thomson:12 or RECS80:7 or something else.

If you lack the original remote and other resources, it is also possible to start from a .wav file for a wrong model of remote. You couldn't do that yourself, but if you put a copy of the .wav file in the yahoo jp1 group diagnosis folder and ask again, someone will be able to convert it to a KM file. (Only if the methods I described earlier aren't more direct).

Edit 2:40 PM: I removed the incorrect "TV/1271" and incorrect statement about RemoteMaster.

Last edited by johnsfine on Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
have you tried learning the signals to see what the codes are?
Lukas,
I like Rob's suggestion - do you have a JP1 cable? If not, this is a link to how to build the cable. Also, several vendors (likely including the banner ad which you can click on above) sell JP1 cable kits for $9 or already built cables for $15 (also see market place on this site)
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a merge of all the data from all the Thomson:12 devices I had in CCF files. I uploaded it as an RM upgrade at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/4.%20RM%20Upgrade%20Files/TV/Thomson%20TV-0625.rmdu

It's untested (I have no Thomson TV).

I did a sloppy job of assigning functions to buttons because I don't have a 15-2133 and I don't know what many of the buttons do and there is one function too many for a TV upgrade for a 15-2133.

A couple functions were unnamed in all CCF files, so I included them but don't know what they are.

This matches TV/0625 in all functions TV/0625 includes but has several that TV/0625 doesn't.

Someone with a Thomson TV ought to test it, fix the function names and re upload it.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my first response I neglected to mention that in addition to a JP1 cable, you will need a battery clip and a pogo pin adapter as the Kameleon line of remotes does not have 6 pin connectors but rather has 6 holes.

JP1 vendors now sell packages consisting of the JP1 cable, the battery clip, and the pogo pin adapter. Buying the parts together as a package is cheaper than buying them separately. There may be more vendors (see market place) that sell these packages, and my apologies to them if they exist for not listing them, but the two I found are:

filebug has a "Standard Kameleon Bundle for the Radio Shack 15-2133" for $35 and an "Ultra Kameleon Bundle for the Radio Shack 15-2133" for $45.
hovisdirect has just lowered their price on the standard bundle to $30 (look under Kameleon Options halfway down the page) and right under it is the Ultra bundle for $43.
BlueDo offers a JP1 cable but I did not see on their site the battery clip or the pogo pin adapter or a package deal.

In my own experience I started with the standard JP1 cable and it did not work 20% of the time, so I got an ultra JP1 cable and have been very happy with it. Once you have the required items listed above you will be able to upload johnsfine's upgrade into your remote and then praise him for doing such a nice job for you Smile
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one more vendor, who advertises on this forum, and therefore I did not want to leave them out (they should really add themselves to the market place):

SurfRemoteControl has a package deal as follows: One for All Kameleon™ URC-9960 w/JP1 Cable and Pogo Pin Adapter for $83.95 - This might not be too helpful to you as (1) it doesn't include the battery clip and (2) it does include a Kameleon remote, and you already have a Kameleon remote. This model looks alot sexier than the radio shack model you own though. Because of their price and limitations with regard to utilizing all the buttons all the time, IMHO most JP1ers would not consider Kameleon remotes for their first choice in JP1 remotes.
JP1Files
lukas_cz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: JP1 cable Reply with quote

To Steve
I bild this cable on Saturday (4 hours) from own components (about $ 0.5). I had big problems with contacts between RC a cable (I maked cabel without POGO adapter, with 6-pin conector only). At 2:30 am I finished successfully conetion. By learnig signals is my TV Thomson device 12 and some plus 239 (protocol Async9: ... ???)
Thanks a best regards Lukas

PS: Where I can buy pogo adapter (in PogoAdapter.doc isn't any catalog number and any my coleges don't know this component)?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: JP1 cable Reply with quote

lukas_cz wrote:
By learnig signals is my TV Thomson device 12 and some plus 239 (protocol Async9: ... ???)

Ignore the Async decodes. They are an error in the decoder, not something really in the signal.

Try the upgrade I posted for Thomson device 12 (You'll need a copy of RemoteMaster to use it).
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try loading this remote master file that John created for you (above) and let us know how it works Smile (you will need to download java and remotemaster if you have not done so already)
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: JP1 cable Reply with quote

lukas_cz wrote:
Where I can buy pogo adapter (in PogoAdapter.doc isn't any catalog number and any my coleges don't know this component)?
filebug and hovisdirect both carry it, read this for the links to their websites.
JP1Files
lukas_cz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Steve,
thanks, because I havn't JAVA on my PC, I must say for run RM to my colege tomorow. After this I try this.
Regards Lukas
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAVA is a free download from Sun. From the following web page select the "JRE" for whatever OS you are running. (You can use the SDK instead of the JRE, but the SDK is much larger).
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Once you are running RemoteMaster you will want to experiment a little to find out which functions do what and to decide which functions are best on which buttons. That will be harder if your computer and your TV are far apart (so get JAVA for the computer nearest your TV).
lukas_cz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Steve,
sorry for my latest replay, I had heavy tonsillitis.
I converted all codes into IR, and all are OK, super, very thanks.
One next question, how set all buttons together for arbitrary device on my RC 15-2133 (each device have different buttons). The 'move' function I'cant use, because eg. device TV havn't button 'PLAY'?
Thanks a best regards Lukas
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukas_cz wrote:
One next question, how set all buttons together for arbitrary device on my RC 15-2133 (each device have different buttons).

Unfortunately, you can't use any buttons on the 2133 that aren't visible in a given device mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: