JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need a refresher course

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: need a refresher course Reply with quote

I use the software maybe once every couple years and when I do I can't remember exactly what I need if I want to upgrade my remote 8810.

If I can find the upgrade file what other program do I need to load it into my remote. I get confused with all the different programs, KM,RM,IR. I would like to simply select the mode of the DEVICE (SAT,VCR,TV..) and load in the upgrade. That's about all I need to do. I am trying to upgrade my 8810 to work with a couple satellite receivers.

Would anyone know if there is any other windows software available for just upgrading remotes.

thanks,
Ken

Last edited by Ken on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: need a refesher course Reply with quote

Ken wrote:
Would anyone know if there is any other windows software available for just upgrading remotes.
There is no "other" software availble to you and me to upgrade JP1 remotes than what the folks over here have created. I suppose UEI has such software, otherwise they wouldn't have designed in the capability, but I don't know that we, the common folk, can get at it.

As far as confusing, I recommend re-reading the JP1 for beginners and/or the JP1-Just How Easy is it? and/or the What and Why of JP1 documents to refresh your memory.

I mean, VERY basically, IR allows you to communicate to and from the remote, and KM (or RM) allows you to make your upgrade, and then import it into IR. Now you can also generate KeyMoves in either KM, RM, or IR, and IR allows to do a bunch of OTHER stuff, but it does not REQUIRE you to do a bunch of other stuff, so these are the programs you want. There is no other.

(I would further point out that all of these dosuments are linked in the cleverly hidden sticky post at the top of the Beginners' Forum that says READ THIS FIRST)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Ken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: need a refesher course Reply with quote

Spent some time refreshing my short term memory. I was
able using Keymaster to take an existing file, mod it in Keymaster
to work with the 8810 and load it into IR>EXE then into the remote.
Works.

Ken wrote:
I use the software maybe once every couple years and when I do I can't remember exactly what I need if I want to upgrade my remote 8810.

If I can find the upgrade file what other program do I need to load it into my remote. I get confused with all the different programs, KM,RM,IR. I would like to simply select the mode of the DEVICE (SAT,VCR,TV..) and load in the upgrade. That's about all I need to do. I am trying to upgrade my 8810 to work with a couple satellite receivers.

thanks,
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: