JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR question -- No Tabs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abroadst

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: IR question -- No Tabs? Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm just trying to use IR for the first time and I'm having some trouble.
When I run IR it only shows two tabs: General and Raw Data. I click download from remote, it asks for the RDF path. I give it and it seems to work. But still no other tabs. The RM doc suggests there should be a Devices tab, but I don't see one.

I loaded a so-called extender file for my remote (even though I don't really know what that means) using IR and it seemed to download to the remote (although I'm not quite sure how to verify this).

I have a modified 6131 FYI.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you unzip the RDFs?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
abroadst

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Unzipped RDFs Reply with quote

Yes. Everything is unzipped. I have also set the RDF directory in IR.

I downloaded "RDF files required for RM and IR - Version 1.24" from the tools directory of the files section. I also noted that the RDF file for my remote is present. I can tell IR is loading the RDF file because when I "download from remote" without first setting the RDF path it gives an error. When I set the path it does not.

It also appears from the device identifier string PVR0PVx1 that I have successfully installed the extender for this device. Therefore it seem the interface with the computer is working and that, in fact, IR works well enough to load the data for the extender code and upload that to the remote.

What else should I try? Without a "Devices" tab there's nowhere to paste the data from RemoteMaster.
abroadst

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Bug in IR.exe Reply with quote

First of all I now have IR working on my machine. I had originally installed it in F:\jp1 and the RDF files were in F:\jp1\RDF. Gwiopm.sys was copied to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. I set the RDF directory appropriately using the File - Set Directory menu option.

I was only able to get IR to work properly once I copied it to a directory on my C drive, copied all the RDF files to that same directory, and set the RDF directory to ".".

So there's something a bit wrong with how IR finds RDF files. Is the source code available?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: