JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Akai CFT2726 TV upgrade sought
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Akai CFT2726 TV upgrade sought Reply with quote

1. Device: Akai CFT2726
2. Type of device: TV, CRT, 27"
3. Year: ca 2004
4. JP1 Remote model: 15-2004, 15-2116, more
5. JP1 user? Yes, in the past
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes, found CFT3090 upgrade
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Not yet
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question?

Looking for an upgrade for an Akai CFT2726 Television. Those Akai codes listed in the RS 2116? manual didn't work, nor did a code search. I will try the CFT3090 upgrade posted by Robman in the files area. I'll get back into this stuff and create one if I need to.

gbuskirk (jp1 oldtimer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glenn, welcome back old buddy! So tell me, how much do you remember about JP1? You know what you're supposed to do next? You're supposed to learn the signals from your Akai remote using the 15-2116 or one of the other JP1 learning remotes and then build an upgrade based on the data that's displayed.

THings have probably changed quite a bit since you were here last, so read over the following doc to see if it helps the memories come flooding back...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. I learned a button from the original remote, and IR says it is protocol GAP-524-3722-17?, Device 0, Sub-device 0, OBC 128, Misc 0.0.1
I have to find my msoffice disk to add the analysis toolpack before I can run KM. If it's not one thing, it's another.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decoder doesn't support that protocol yet, so all that info you quoted from the decoder is incorrect, so you can't use that info yourself in the process covered by the documentation. You'll need some expert help.

It sounds like one of the ones for which Rob recently created a manual upgrade.

He might recognise it just from the data you've given already, but maybe he'll need the .ir file containg a few learned signals (uploaded to the Diagnosis Area).

If another expert helps, they're even more likely to need that file (I would need it if I had time to help, which I don't now, maybe over new years).
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded file to the diagnosis area.

AkaiCFT2726Learned.ir
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a zip file in the TV folder that contains over a dozen Akai TV upgrades, here's the link...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2947

The CFT2726 uses upgrade #3, which is for Konka TVs.
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...that one. I saw it. The file is named Aiwa.... so I wasn't sure it was correct for Akai. I'll load it up. Thanks a lot.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I tend to typo Aiwa instead of Akai every so often.
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, a question: This upgrade needs a custom protocol. I'm considering putting this in various remotes - Millenium 4, ReplayTV 5000, 15-1994, etc. (This is the FAMILY room and WAF is critical). Do they all use this processor (will this protocol work on all these remotes?) Is this information available on the site?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these remotes are from the S3C8 family, but they're not all the same version. However, KM is intelligent to know which version each remote is and will tailor the protocol upgrade accordingly.
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Is the same true for RemoteMaster, because I haven't found my Office disk yet to add the Analysis Toolpack to allow me to use KM??
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, RM will change the executor for you also.
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob....if you're still around!
I just bought a new remote at Radio Shack - a 15-135. I expected it to have this Akai/Konka code in it, but if it does, I can't find it. Is it not there?

And, it sounds like a new interface is necessary to program this remote... "1.3"? I'm not sure it'd be worth it, I paid $6 for the remote.

I've been happy using Harmonys for the past few years, but just had an important button go bad on one of them. So I thought it might be time to pick up a new universal, and saw this one on clearance.

Glenn
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here. The 15-135 doesn't have a code for your TV, in fact the only American remote that I know of that does have a code for it is the "One For All" URC-10820N (make sure it has an N in the model number because the URC-10820 doesn't have the code), where the code is TV/1641.

The 15-135 and URC-10820N remotes do indeed need a different cable to the one you've been using. Your old cable is now called a "JP1 (EEPROM)" cable and the one you would need for the 15-135 is a "JP1 (Flash)" cable. You can get one from Tommy Tyler for $29. I'm sure you remember the power of JP1, so even though you got the remote for just $6, it's still worth it to get a cable. Look at it this way, you would be getting a PC programmable remote for $35. How does that compare to the cost of the Harmony?
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Auvio 15-305 remote at Radio Shack today ($20); It is not a JP1 remote. However, it has a Konka code (TV/173) that controls this television. None of the listed codes for the Akai brand worked.

This remote is not well configured for DVR (Tivo/ReplayTV) use. I'll be trying to do button moves, etc. to get it configured. But it may still go back to the Shack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: