JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems with a USB cable and URC-8811

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxbos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Problems with a USB cable and URC-8811 Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Asking for some advice here...
I have a URC-8811 that I have been using with IR and a parallel cable for a couple of years. I just upgraded my PC, and the new one only has USB ports. I bought a cable from Richard and downloaded usbio Delcom driver from his web site. After I installed the driver, I was able to connect to the remote with no problems. However, the next day after rebooting and reconnecting the remote I got "The remote is not acknowledging..." message. I reinstalled the driver, reconnected the remote, and things started working again. The next day it was the same thing - reinstalling the driver, taking out the batteries and reconnecting the remote until it finally worked.

Unfortunately, I was not able to narrow it down to what actually fixed it - just plugging in the cable again, taking out the batteries or reinstalling the driver. It just seems to work, but only occasionally Sad

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with 3Gz dual core CPU, 2 Gb RAM, Windows XP Pro SP2.

Any ideas? What should I try? I drives me mad that I can't even determine if it's a cable problem or a problem with the driver setup.

Thanks,
Max
prelude
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you always plugin to the same usb port or different usb port? are you using usb hub?
maxbos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prelude wrote:
you always plugin to the same usb port or different usb port? are you using usb hub?

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I tried two different USB ports (powered USB 2.0). Same thing happens for both. Not using a usb hub.

I think I finally narrowed the problem down to the cable itself. If I squeeze the gray box, the interface starts working.

Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: