JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help Uploading ReplayTV Code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTP1012

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Need Help Uploading ReplayTV Code Reply with quote

I have a ReplayTV 2020 remote that lost its ReplayTV code. The remote still works and I was told I could upload the code using JP1 cable. I made a simple parallel interface cable, downloaded IR.exe version 6.15, Keymap-Master version 8.33, RDFs for KM, and the ReplayTV upgrade codes version 5.08 from the JP1 YahooGroups.

I followed this instruction and the first time I did it, I was able to upload the ReplayTV code. But some of the functions weren't assigned to the buttons as I must have forgotten to assign the functions under the Buttons tab. So I went back to the beginning of the instruction, but now I can't get the remote to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help!

Last edited by GTP1012 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Uploading ReplayTV Code Reply with quote

Your link to the Yahoo group file
GTP1012 wrote:
...ReplayTV upgrade codes
doesn't work, as you didn't post the link properly. See THIS thread for instructions. However, most files from over there are now in the File Section over here (see link at top of page), as well, so you ought not need to use the Yahoo groups.

GTP1012 wrote:
...now I can't get the remote to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help!
That question is so vague as to make it virtually impossible to embark upon a search for an answer. Can you phrase more specifically what symptoms the remote exhibits - or potentially more useful, upload your IR file that worked (a "before" you modified it - you DID save a working remote image before you overwrote it, right?!") and the one that doesn't ("after" modifying it) and post a link and someone can take a look.
GTP1012

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying.

I have updated the link to the ReplayTV upgrade codes above.

Unfortunately, I didn't save the IR file that worked. Crying or Very sad

Here's the IR file that doesn't work.

Capn Trips wrote:
That question is so vague as to make it virtually impossible to embark upon a search for an answer. Can you phrase more specifically what symptoms the remote exhibits

Well, the remote controls 4 different devices (ReplayTV, TV, CATV,and VCR). The TV, CATV, and VCR works (ie, I can program them and the remote controls the programmed device with no problem). But I can't control the ReplayTV. I am having a problem uploading the ReplayTV code.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTP1012 wrote:
Here's the IR file that doesn't work.
I am having a problem uploading the ReplayTV code.

I repeat ...
Capn Trips wrote:
That question is so vague as to make it virtually impossible to embark upon a search for an answer. Can you phrase more specifically what symptoms the remote exhibits

SYMPTOM QUESTIONS:
(a)When you upload, do you get the two blinks of the red "button" in IR?
(b)Does IR return any pop-up dialgue boxes warning of problems?
(c)Does it appear that the remote is sending? (i.e. does the LED illuminate as if it were sending?)
(d)Is the remote actually sending signals, but the REPLAY is not responding? (you can verify by looking at the IR transmitter through an LCD viewfinder on a Camcorder or Digicam)
(e)Do NONE of the buttons/functions work? ... or do several work and several not? Which ones?

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS THAT I CAN SPECULATE:
(1)Your IR file looks fine, for what it can tell one. The upgrade you linked is set up for a 1994, not a Replay, so one cannot compare what the upgrade calls for vs. what you have in IR, but I would guess that's not the problem.
(2)Is the unit code on the Replay unit the same as the Unit code selected in your upgrade?
(3) have you tried the version 1 AND 2 rdfs?
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From looking at your file I would first try changing device type to cable or oem_mode.

When opening your ir file I get an error that say conflict at fixed data address $001C. Do you get that when opening in ir as well? If so try uploading both ways meaning with ir fixing it and without ir fixing it to see if that is the problem.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
From looking at your file I would first try changing device type to cable or oem_mode.
I suppose that can't hurt, although I don't see how it would help. The device type in the upgrade matches the device type selected on the setup on the "General" tab.
whompus wrote:
When opening your ir file I get an error that say conflict at fixed data address $001C. Do you get that when opening in ir as well? If so try uploading both ways meaning with ir fixing it and without ir fixing it to see if that is the problem.
I have no problems opening the IR file. No errors or popups or anything. Do you have the latest version of IR?
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I have no problems opening the IR file. No errors or popups or anything. Do you have the latest version of IR?

I think so. I am running ir 6.15 and decode 2.28. Let me know if I am behind on either. But as I have no problem with anything but getting that error when opening this ir file lets not move away from there problem.

The problem there having sounds like a problem I had with an atlas pvr remote. The upgrade I was working with would not function on dvd button set as cable but would function right if set as vcr/dvd. It seemed to me the atlas wanted the dvd button to be dvd type device. So I thought the replay remote may want replay button to be cable or oem as they come with replay units. I could very easy be wrong but as you said it can not hurt anything by changing so its worth a try.
GTP1012

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(a)When you upload, do you get the two blinks of the red "button" in IR?
Yes. The ReplayTV remote's LCD blinks twice as well. Btw, how long does it take to upload the upgrade code? After the two blinks, is the upload complete?

(b)Does IR return any pop-up dialgue boxes warning of problems?
No. The only pop-up that I get is the "confirm" dialog box.

(c)Does it appear that the remote is sending? (i.e. does the LED illuminate as if it were sending?)
The LED lights up when I press 0-9, Channel Up/Down, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Rew, Play, FF, Stop, and Pause buttons. The LED doesn't light up when I press the Channel Guide, Replay Guide, Replay Zones, Return to Live, Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Instant Replay, Quick Skip, Rec, Jump, Display, Menu, Exit, Input, and TV/VCR buttons.

(d)Is the remote actually sending signals, but the REPLAY is not responding? (you can verify by looking at the IR transmitter through an LCD viewfinder on a Camcorder or Digicam)
I am not sure if it's sending signal while in ReplayTV mode. But I can control the TV, cable, or DVD when in TV, CATV, or VCR mode, respectively. (And the ReplayTV responds to my other remote so I know the ReplayTV has no problem receiving the signal.)

(e)Do NONE of the buttons/functions work? ... or do several work and several not? Which ones?
None of the buttons/functions work when in ReplayTV mode.

(1)Your IR file looks fine, for what it can tell one. The upgrade you linked is set up for a 1994, not a Replay, so one cannot compare what the upgrade calls for vs. what you have in IR, but I would guess that's not the problem.
I loaded ReplayTV.txt in KM, then used the "Remote" drop down menu to change the selected remote I'm trying to program from 15-1994 to ReplayTV (version 1) / (version 2).

(2)Is the unit code on the Replay unit the same as the Unit code selected in your upgrade?
How can I tell what the Replay unit code is? The "Unit code" in KM is set to "0".

(3) have you tried the version 1 AND 2 rdfs?[/quote]
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about selecting version 1 or 2 in KM under "Remote" or selecting version 1 and 2 in IR.exe under File > Set Directory > RDF Path? If the former, then yes. Neither one worked.

Last edited by GTP1012 on Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
GTP1012

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:

I tried changing the device type to cable and oem_mode and neither one worked.

whompus wrote:

No. All I get is the "Confirm: Ready to download from remote" dialog box.
GTP1012

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can post an IR file of a working 2000 or 3000 series ReplayTV remote, maybe I can upload that... Idea
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTP1012 wrote:
... how long does it take to upload the upgrade code?
About two or three seconds.
GTP1012 wrote:
After the two blinks, is the upload complete?
Yes.
GTP1012 wrote:
The LED lights up when I press 0-9, Channel Up/Down, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Rew, Play, FF, Stop, and Pause buttons. The LED doesn't light up when I press the Channel Guide, Replay Guide, Replay Zones, Return to Live, Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Instant Replay, Quick Skip, Rec, Jump, Display, Menu, Exit, Input, and TV/VCR buttons.
I'm not a Replay guy, but does it look like only buttons assigned in the Device KeyMap are sending signals, but not Keymoved functions?
GTP1012 wrote:
None of the buttons/functions work when in ReplayTV mode.

I loaded ReplayTV.txt in KM, then used the "Remote" drop down menu to change the selected remote I'm trying to program from 15-1994 to ReplayTV (version 1) / (version 2).
Did you modify button assignments as you desired? The KM upgrade file you posted doesn't help, upload the ACTUAL KM file you created for your upgrade. Perhaps that will reveal something.
GTP1012 wrote:
How can I tell what the Replay unit code is?
I don't know - as I said, I'm not a Replay guy, but if you search the fora, you should find several threads about this.
GTP1012 wrote:
The "Unit code" in KM is set to "0".
As far as I understand, code 0 should operate all ReplayTV units regardless of what code they are set to, so probably that's not your problem (but I'm not 100% certain of that - check the fora about that as above)
GTP1012 wrote:
(3) have you tried the version 1 AND 2 rdfs?
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about selecting version 1 or 2 in KM under "Remote" or selecting version 1 and 2 in IR.exe under File > Set Directory > RDF Path? If the former, then yes. Neither one worked.
I mean that the rdf version you use in KM AND in IR must (1) be the same, and (2) match you particular remote, so when you "try both" you must modify BOTH your KM file and your IR file before uploading to the remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the IR file and didn't see anything obviously wrong with it, other than the fact that VCR mode is being used rather than OEM mode, which means you'll need to use lots of keymoves to get the rest of the Replay buttons working. Although, I did notice that the Replay lock was still turned on, which might be the cause of the problem.

There are two versions of the RTV remote in circulation and I don't know for sure which version you have. Therefore, could you perform a few steps to help us determine which version you have...

1) First, familiarize yourself with the file section here at hifi-remote.com, as it's easier to load files here than using sendme

2) Hook up your remote and use the Advanced > Initialize to $00 option (in IR.exe)

3) Then do a 981 reset on the remote.

4) Then do a keymove on the remote itself (ie, use the 994 command to copy a button from one place to another, use any button, it doesn't matter)

5) Save the IR file, post it in the Diagnosis Area, then post a link to it.
pinky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: if you show me how I can download it Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a replaytv 2000 serie and a working remote.
if you show me how to do the jp1 wiering and how to use the software I can help you
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: