JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russound CAV 6.6 "Whole House Audio"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, this is a UEI proprietary protocol, so I guess it could turn up in any remote, not just DirecTV and Russound. They call it "UEI Low Latency". I don't like the idea of using the "DirecTV" name for all of it's variations, when we know that DTV uses just one variation.

My vote is still to create a master entry, using a more generic name, where you have the flexibility to change both the LO and freq. For this master entry, you would be provided the full UEI version of the exec. Then create additional entries, on an "as needed" basis, for any remotes that we discover that use it. These entries should provide the stripped down exec that John wrote, with the freq and LO adjusted accordingly.

As for the possible confusion caused by bad learns, I don't buy that having some learns show up as "DTV 38" and some as "DTV 40" is any less confusing that having them use whatever other names we come up with. After all, the signals are all going to show the same device codes and OBCs. If the user is stumped by it (just like they are when they see NEC2 and NEC mixes, caused by bad learns) they'll ask about it and we'll advise. However, I still think that the amount of support we'll have to give for bad learns will be WAY less than what we would have to give if we forced everybody to look for the freq and lead out times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: