JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PROTOCOL OF NOKIA 32 OR NEC1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: PROTOCOL OF NOKIA 32 OR NEC1 Reply with quote

I have been trying to set up an upgrade for a Matsui Digital TV Receiver using the URC8910B02 and I am becoming more confused after further investigation what the correct protocol is.

Initially the learned signals where showing three lines instead of one, all three indicating the Nokia Protocol. After help from Johnsfine and using a later version of DECODEIR.DLL the learned signals where cut down to one line and showing a protocol of Nokia 32. This does not exist on Keymap Master (KM) and I couldn't find one elsewhere.

After reading another message I found that someone else was having a similar problem with a Digital TV Receiver made by Daewoo. I checked who made my own and found it was actually Daewoo also.

Searching REMOTE CENTRAL for CCF files for the Phillips Pronto I found one does exist for Daewoo Digital TV Receivers. I downloaded this and used DECODECCF to check the codes. This is showing the protocol to be NEC1 with a device no. of 17 not Nokia 32. After trying the new codes from the decoded CCF file on KM there is still no success.

Are there any experts who can examine the CCF file to help myself and others identify the correct protocol. The CCF file is in the diagnosis area although I am still not sure how to create a link to this.

Thanks for any help.

Rolling Eyes
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're talking about this file at RC dae-dtv-all.zip. For files available on other web sites (such as RC) it is better to post the original URL than to upload the file to our diagnosis area.

I'm not sure what aspect of posting a URL you don't understand.

I think the forum software here may let you start to edit a post someone else has typed (I assume it won't let you submit the edited result). If so, then edit a post (such as this one) that includes something you don't know how to post. In the edit window you can see how it was done.

DecodeIr/DecodeCCF are correct about NEC1 protocol, device 17 in that CCF file. I'm sure DecodeIr is also correct about Nokia32 for the learned signals you described.

NEC1 and Nokia32 are totally different, totally unrelated protocols.

That leaves the question of why we have them both for what you seem to think are the same device. I don't know enough about this particular device to answer that. But some common answers (when the question comes up for other devices) are:

1) It's not really the same device

2) The device listens to more than one protocol
2a) Two ways of sending each command
2b) Some commands in one protocol and some in the other

3) Whoever made the CCF file was seriously confused and posted completely incorrect information.

4) The CCF was designed to use with some form of IR translator that receives a signal in one protocol and retransmits it (often in another room) in another protocol.
dsarens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. The Daewoo file you found is for a DS608P Setpal which does use NEC1 protocol. The DTV box which you have is a clone of a Daewoo DS700P which uses Nokia32 (I've got both boxes). We need some bright spark to update the protocol.ini for Remote Master or update KM to support the Nokia32 protocol!

Last edited by dsarens on Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the learning function on the URC8910 I have managed to learn all required keys to use the Digital TV Receiver.

I am hoping that someone will be able to create a protocol for Nokia 32 and possible add this to Key master. I have put the IR file created by myself showing all learned signals in the diagnosis area in case this helps them.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1986

Thanks for any help.

Rolling Eyes
DaleMac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Johns post.
I'm sure there are plenty of beginners who are confused about posting links to files.
The only way I know of to post a link is to open the file section in a new browser window, right click on the download button, select "copy link location" and paste it in the original post in the other window.
If someone can tell me another way, I'd appreciate it.
Perhaps a sticky post in the beginners section?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleMac wrote:

The only way I know of to post a link is to open the file section in a new browser window, right click on the download button, select "copy link location" and paste it in the original post in the other window.

I think it's better to post the URL of the page containing that Download button rather than the URL pointed to by the download button itself. That way someone using the URL gets to see the description etc. before downloading and can do (for themselves) any browser specific work arounds for issues with the download button.

To get that URL, I always view the page, then click in the browser's address bar and type ^C. I'm sure there are several other easy ways to get that URL (onto the clipboard).

But "how to post a URL" is usually a question of how to make it readable in the post without forcing the whole thread to be unmanageably wide for everyone reading it and without puting incorrect line breaks into the middle of the URL.

The URL button above this edit window starts the process of entering a URL that can be displayed differently (shorter) than its actual value. But I usually just type the extra text that button inserts.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleMac wrote:
If someone can tell me another way, I'd appreciate it.
Check out the BBCode help page. It's covered in the Creating Links section.

If you want to link to something in the old Yahoo Group, these special instructions should be used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: