JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEW UPGRADE FOR URC8910 ALMOST WORKING BUT NOT QUITE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: NEW UPGRADE FOR URC8910 ALMOST WORKING BUT NOT QUITE Reply with quote

Hi,

I live in the United Kingdom and purchased a URC8910B02 along with a JP1 cable from the USA using Ebay.

This model looks better than equivalent the UK model as it was cheaper and also has a learning ability.

Unfortunately, I found out that some UK brands made in China are not in the models ROM although they are on the UK models.

I have not been successful in making an UPGRADE for two devices I use (a portable TV and a Digital TV Adapter) using KM and IR.

The portable TV upgrade is almost working. The problem is that TV does not always respond when a key on the URC8910 is pressed ? Every key seems to be working but only has success if the button on the URC8910 is pressed fast, it doesn't have to be released fast. The URC8910 indicates every time a button is pressed that a signal has been sent and the buttons always work when using other devices that are in the ROM (Other TV, VCR).

The digital TV adapter upgrade is not responding at all. One problem I had when using KM and IR was selecting the device and sub device as the learned keys on IR where showing three different lines for each key. I used the only one that had the same Device and Sub-device for each key learned with a different OBC. Is it strange for more than one line to show for each learned key on IR ?

Rolling Eyes
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: NEW UPGRADE FOR URC8910 ALMOST WORKING BUT NOT QUITE Reply with quote

GOGGS75 wrote:
only has success if the button on the URC8910 is pressed fast, it doesn't have to be released fast.

That is strange enough to make me wonder if I am understanding what you said and if you understood what you observed when testing it.

It is possible we might understand a bit more if we saw the specifics of that upgrade.

GOGGS75 wrote:
the learned keys on IR where showing three different lines for each key. I used the only one that had the same Device and Sub-device for each key learned with a different OBC. Is it strange for more than one line to show for each learned key on IR ?

There are lots of possibilities. Since you didn't give any details, I can't decide between them. I'll make one wild guess: The protocol is really Nokia32, but you're using an older DecodeIR.dll, which doesn't support Nokia32, so you get three decodes (all incorrect) of a different Nokia protocol.

Unless I hit it right in one guess, you should upload a copy of the .ir file including those learned signals to the diagnosis area, so we can see what they really are.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW UPGRADE FOR URC8910 ALMOST WORKING BUT NOT QUITE Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
... you should upload a copy of the .ir file including those learned signals to the diagnosis area, so we can see what they really are.

It appears that you've uploaded an IR file that includes your two upgrades, but that's not what the experts need. They need your LEARNED signals to identify any potential problems with decodes, and the KM or RM upgrade you created from those signals to spot any errors.

Also, whenever you upload a file for diagnosis, you should post a message WITH A LINK to the file, to make it easier for those inclined to help, to do so.
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now had success after trial and error in creating an upgrade for the Bush TV. The only fault was the protocol I had selected. IR had shown the protocol to be RECS80 but KM was showing a choice of three, these being RECS80(45), RECS80(68) and RECS80(90).

The initial choice was RECS80(90), this was almost working, but not every time. When changing it to RECS80(45) there was total success.

This leaves me wondering whether the protocol is also the problem with the Digital TV Adapter. After changing the version of the decodeir.dll as suggested by Johnfine it cut the display on IR down to one line, this showing a protocol of "Nokia32". The protocol currently selected on KM is "Nokia Quad" as this is the only Nokia protocol available.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else asked recently about how to make a Nokia32 upgrade in KM or RM. I didn't have time to look that up then, and still don't, and didn't notice any other expert answering. Sorry.

I'm pretty sure someone has gotten Nokia32 working via JP1 at least once, quite a while back, probably with a KM custom upgrade.

Anyway "Nokia Quad" is one of the names given to the basic Nokia protocol. It cannot be used to create Noika32 signals.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a forum search and found the thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21195#21195

That has both a Nokia32 protocol Jon Armstrong built and one from UEI.

On a first quick read, I didn't understand how the fixed data or hex commands should be set up for either of them to get the desired commands. I also didn't check to see if they happen to be for the same device you have (in which case you wouldn't need to change the fixed data or hex commands).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: