JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DVD Bush 2039
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: DVD Bush 2039 Reply with quote

This is a cheap UK DVD player. It may be sold elsewhere under a different name. Using my Kameleon 4 (URC 8040) the closest code I can get is 0723. This maps a few functions to a few buttons but in a weird order - num1 becomes num7, num4 becomes Play etc. Learning can map a few more OK but not - again weirdly - the right arrow button, amonst others.

Does anyone have an upgrade for this or is it a case of learning a few codes at a time and building my own?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read the number one Code Search FAQ?

If not please do.

If so, please use the provided template.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: DVD Bush 2039 Reply with quote

"Did you read the number one Code Search FAQ?"

Yes, which is why I've plucked up the courage to post a request for a remote code, although I now realize that I should have posted in the codes section rather than the general.

Bush DVD is quite a new device (the multi-region hack for it only came out a few months back) and there are so many such devices, some re-branded, that there may well be no code as yet. I've just got hold of a URC7562 which has learning feature plus a "proper" JP1 interface so I'll use it to grab as many functions as I can and start to build my own upgrade for it and for the URC8040. The 8040 is a cool device but the interface is fiddly (pads instead of pins).

Being a Newbie, this will take me some time but if I'm successful I will, of course, share the code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: DVD Bush 2039 Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
"Did you read the number one Code Search FAQ?"

Yes, which is why I've plucked up the courage to post a request for a remote code, although I now realize that I should have posted in the codes section rather than the general.

If you had really read that thread, you would have noticed the part about using the madatory template when posting code requests.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, and thanks too (for moving this over to the correct forum place). Yes I "read" it but in the same way that I sometimes "look for" things i.e. not nearly fully enough. Using the template (and my apologies to Capn Trips because I misunderstood your reply and thought that template meant code - I told you that I had only "read" it):

1. Device: Bush DVD 2039
2. Type of device: DVD player
3. JP1 Remote model: mainly Kameleon 4 - URC8040
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked the Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
8. Partially working setup code? DVD/0723
this at least causes some action on the target device but the buttons are all screwed up. In the format button (on the URC) -> function (from the original): 1->7; 2->rewind; 3->Prog; 4-> Play; 5->back; 6->Mute; 7->4; 8->Menu; 9->Nul; 0->Play;Pause->Suubtitle;Subtitle->6;Audio->Setup;Stop->Pause

9. Learning remote question?
I've learned as many as I can and now I'm moving onto JP1 but the interface is tricky as the 8040 has pads instead of pins and connecting is a ballancing act. When learning I noted that I could never get the Open/Close code to be saved - it looked like it ought to have been captured but the "learned" signal never worked although the device flashed as expeted when button pressed.

I'm trying to do the upgrade (with a home-made interface) and will post if successful but if anyone has any help to offer then I'd be grateful.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Bush 2039 DVD - update Reply with quote

Interface too fiddly on pads of 8040 so got myself a 7562 with proper JP1 connection. Bush DVD 2039 upgrade in progress (90% complete) and hope to upload later today. General lack of European upgrades may spur me to look at what other remotes are lying about the house. Rolling Eyes
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bush 2039 DVD - update Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
General lack of European upgrades may spur me to look at what other remotes are lying about the house. Rolling Eyes

That's the spirit! Wink
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Bush DVD 2039 Reply with quote

Robman...

Bush DVD 2039 Upgrade ready for uploading - do I send it straight to the appropriate file section or to diagnosis area? Please excuse any errors as I only plugged a JP1 cable in for the first time a few days ago.

Next project is Echostar T101A (UK digital terrestrial TV receiver). Robman's "European Echostar 2200 receiver" (File Section -> Device Upgrades ->Satellites) looked a promising place to start but I couldn't get it to load into KM. I'm only just beginning to dip a toe in the water of KM but notice that this file differs from other KM upgrades (that DO load successfully) in that there is a colon missing after the word "Setup" on line 4 - is this the problem? (I know the answer is "edit it and see" but I'm at work just now and impatient).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bush DVD 2039 Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
Bush DVD 2039 Upgrade ready for uploading - do I send it straight to the appropriate file section or to diagnosis area? Please excuse any errors as I only plugged a JP1 cable in for the first time a few days ago.

There's no "approval process" or anything, so just go ahead and load it up to the relevant folder in the file section.

underquark wrote:
Next project is Echostar T101A (UK digital terrestrial TV receiver). Robman's "European Echostar 2200 receiver" (File Section -> Device Upgrades ->Satellites) looked a promising place to start but I couldn't get it to load into KM.

It's always a good idea to provide a direct link to any files that you want us to look at as it eliminates any confusion caused by the names, etc. In this case, for example, there isn't a file called "European Echostar 2200 receiver" but there is a file called Echostar-2200-SAT-1200, is that the one you mean? If so, I just downloaded it and it opened up in KM just fine, but it was created using a very old version of KM, so I just re-saved it with a recent copy of KM and have re-loaded it, so give it another try.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's always a good idea to provide a direct link to any files that you want us to look at as it eliminates any confusion caused by the names, etc. In this case, for example, there isn't a file called "European Echostar 2200 receiver" but there is a file called Echostar-2200-SAT-1200, is that the one you mean?

Apologies - 1] Copied description instead of filename and 2] Should have included link but got scared after reading article relating to problems with posting links from Yahoo files and 3] Forget where that article was so can't give you the link to it Very Happy .

Anyhow, upgrade en route (once I get home from work about 18:00 GMT) and others to follow if it all turns out to work properly.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old Yahoo file section is largely redundant now, as most of the files have already been copied over to the file section on this web site (see the File Section link in the header section at the top of this page).

For that reason, I have been un-sticking all the threads that warn of posting links to Yahoo files.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: DVD Bush 2039 Upgrade - ready Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyhow, upgrade en route (once I get home from work about 18:00 GMT) and others to follow if it all turns out to work properly.

Traffic light tonight Wink
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: DVD Bush 2039 Upgrade - ready Reply with quote

Oops; "link", think "link":

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1945
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, yet **ANOTHER** NEC1-dev0 device!!!
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh boy, yet **ANOTHER** NEC1-dev0 device!!!

Well, pardon me for being common Exclamation I'll get to work on the Echostar do a new post once ready. It, at least, is a little bit more bit exotic (StreamZap, 34). Thanks for the help so far. I suspect that some of my proposed upgrades won't be used by too many people as they are all for devices in my (UK) home and there are relatively few JP1ers here yet but hope that every little helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: