JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for update to control ILO LCD TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noneed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Looking for update to control ILO LCD TV Reply with quote

1. Device: ILO-2600
2. Type of device: LCD HDTV
3. JP1 Remote model: moded 6131nw w/ 4k EEPROM
4. JP1 user? yes
5. Still have original remote? yes
6. Checked the file section? yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
8. Partially working setup code? no
9. Learning remote question?
Does anyone have the update for this device, or is there any inexpensive ways to learn those without learning remote? I believe the 6131nw is not learning one, because inside it does not have IR sensor, only IR led.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6131 isn't a learning remote, you are correct. Buying a learning remote, such as a URC-8811 - which costs between $17 and $25, depending on where you get it, is the cheapest DIY solution. If you check ebay, you can often pick up the URC-8910 for about $27 shipped (see completed item #5789640294 as an example).

The FREE way to do it is to send both your 6131 and your ILO remote back to UEI and let them do the capture for you, but that means being without both remotes for a week or so.

Another option is to send the ILO to another JP1er so they can capture it and create the upgrade for you, but that will cost you postage both ways.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for update to control ILO LCD TV Reply with quote

noneed wrote:
Does anyone have the update for this device, or is there any inexpensive ways to learn those without learning remote?

All I can offer is THIS SUGGESTION

Capn Trips wrote:
You know, if you don't want to buy a JP1 learner, SOME people have in the past "borrowed" one from Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Radio Shack, to wit: buy the remote (RS 2116, URC 8910 or whatever), use it to learn and decode what you need, and then return it - within the 30-day "no questions asked" return period.

I would never suggest doing this, but I thought you might like to know what others have done in the past.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an added note, if you sent your modded 6131 (4K) in, you'd probably get a 1K version back. They usually substitute rather than modify the remotes that are sent in.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
As an added note, if you sent your modded 6131 (4K) in, you'd probably get a 1K version back. They usually substitute rather than modify the remotes that are sent in.

Except when the remotes are JP1 ready already, they don't substitute remotes like the URC-8811, etc. The question is whether they would notice that the URC-6131 is JP1 ready or not.
noneed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
zaphod7501 wrote:

Except when the remotes are JP1 ready already, they don't substitute remotes like the URC-8811, etc. The question is whether they would notice that the URC-6131 is JP1 ready or not.

Would that void any warranties? I mean when I opened that remote I kind of put lots of dents, scratches on it, the thing is very hard to open. If Id get second one I do more acurate job. Also when I would send it to them, I could put very flashy stickers that its JP1 moded.

Looks like walmart ran out of all JP1 learning remotes Sad I had chance to get one for 5$ a month ago, but thought it would be waste of money and space, those learning remotes are huge. I guess I'll have to look on ebay for one now.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE is a classic Producer 8 for REAL cheap on eBay!

...and two pairs of 8910s at $0.99 right now! HEREandHERE!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say that you bought a regular URC-6131 and sent it in for an upgrade, then later sent it in for a different upgrade, one would hope that they would spot that the remote is upgradeable and use it rather than swapping it, but there's no guarantees.

As for the old Producer 8 remotes, these are NOT good choices to get as a learning remote. These remotes store the learned signals on a seperate chip to the one that the JP1 connector is hooked up to, so you'd need to do a hardware mod to be able to read the learned signals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: