JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer 676A function upgrade help - what have i done wrong.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzkazu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Pioneer 676A function upgrade help - what have i done wrong. Reply with quote

I have attempted an upgrade to copy the enter function from my DVD 676A remote to the mute button on my URC-7562. I have included the IR learnt, upgrade code and RM in a zip located below.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=1206

Was hoping someone could give me a heads up where I have it wrong. I believed I followed the Pioneer DVD protocol help correctly.

Once past this step I'll be investigating solutions for the streamaster SAT learnt codes. Current RM file doesnt work for me..

thanks in advance

zzkazu
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue I see is that you didn't assign your upgrade to a device button. Your upgrade is called SAT/1241 and you have SAT/0241 assigned to the SAT device button, was this a typo?

Note to Greg or Nils: RM shouldn't be offering up a protocol upgrade for the "Pioneer DVD" protocol as this remote has it.
zzkazu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response Rob, I must have incorrectly interpreted upgrade instructions. I understood the convention was to add 1000 to the code. I'll try with original.

edit: Oops, found error; I should assign it to 1571 (DVD + 1000) correct.

edit2:Ok worked with 0571, but wiped out all other commands. So I guess I need to map all other commands and perform upgrade.

thanks again.. was driving me crazy

edit3: Ok used convention and set code to 1571 and made sure setup referenced this.. all working now.

zzkazu
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convention of adding 1000 to an existing setup code number is just a suggestion as to how you should name your upgrade, but you're still free to name the upgrade whatever you like. But, once you've decided on a setup code number for your upgrade, you have to actually assign it to a device button, just like you would a built in upgrade.

And yes, you will only get the use of whatever buttons you program, so if the only button programmed is the MUTE button, that's all you'll get. The remote has no way of knowing that this is meant to be an "add on" to some other setup code.
zzkazu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman,

I worked out the obvious, and now also have upgraded the Streamaster 5000 STB. Thanks for all the patience.

Zzkazu
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzaku
Quote:
I have attempted an upgrade to copy the enter function from my DVD 676A remote to the mute button on my URC-7562.

Does enabling volume punch through mess up the Enter function on the 7562 when you have learned it to the Mute button or can one still have VPT for the Vol up and Vol down but assign Mute to become Enter since the mute button on the 7562 is conveniently located as an Enter button but is in a daft place for a mute button?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: