JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two DirecTivo's Ins Same Room??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Two DirecTivo's Ins Same Room?? Reply with quote

This topic may of been covered in the past but I do not see a single how to reply when I did a search...

So in short:

"Can two DirecTivo" one will be a Philip's brand the second has yet to be received and will most likely also be a Philip's(?)

But can you program a 'JP1' remote to work the two as two single devices or must I set them in different rooms??

Like last year to keep me a DirectTV subscriber they offered me a second DirecTivo 80 hour device for only shipping installed.... {$15.00)

This will make my third DVR as I already have a ReplayTV, and a 30 Hour Phillips 703(?)..... and two DVD+RW recorders...

If you have done this and I am just missing the message could your point me in the right direction or make a quick FAQ??

Thank You!!

--David
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, use a different unit for each of them.
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Sure, use a different unit for each of them.

If this is a regular question how about a DIRECTIVO + JP1 FAQ?

Just call me a dummy.. but is this in the device setup or the remote?? And how can I assign the device in the remote as with the Phillip Tivo I ended up just creating my own as the down-loadable version just would not work in my RCA810B's
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:
If this is a regular question how about a DIRECTIVO + JP1 FAQ?

It's an FAQ for every device that accepts unit codes, so it would be too much work to create an FAQ for each of them. Basically the concept is the same for all of the devices in question. You download a general upgrade file for the device, then you change the default unit code to the unit code that's programmed into the device itself, then you load the upgrade into your remote and use it. If you don't know how to program the Tivo itself to respond to a different unit code, you'll need help from a Tivo user (which I'm not).

DavidEC2955 wrote:
Just call me a dummy.. but is this in the device setup or the remote?? And how can I assign the device in the remote as with the Phillip Tivo I ended up just creating my own as the down-loadable version just would not work in my RCA810B's

Open up your upgrade file in KM or RM and you'll notice that one of the boxes where you can enter data (in the Setup tab) is called "unit code". When this is set to 0, the upgrade will work all Tivos. When it's set to a different value (in the range 1 thru 15) it will only work Tivos that are also programmed to respond to that unit code. So, you would need to create 2 upgrades, one with unit code 1 and another with unit code 2, load these into your remote, assign them to device buttons, and voila.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To switch addresses on the tivo and oem remote, see this post.
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: A BIG THANKS!! Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
To switch addresses on the tivo and oem remote, see this post.

My installer and so called DirecTV Tech Support did not have this info!

Also I found the following LINK of great use!

Thanks for putting up with my 'DUMMY' Question!!
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A BIG THANKS!! Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:

Also I found the following LINK of great use!

I participated in that thread as well.Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: