JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keymoves not working after extender install (6131)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvanhuis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Keymoves not working after extender install (6131) Reply with quote

Ok, so I got my 6131 all set up with the correct device codes out of the box. I defined a couple of keymoves, and that worked fine. I wanted to program a few macros, so I fired up IR and downloaded, configured and uploaded. Everything worked like a charm... I have keymoves and macros and everything seems fine.

Now I want to program macros for the device buttons, which I find out I need an extender to do. I grab the most recent extender files, perform the upgrade routine, and upload the now extender-ized file to the remote. My devices are still correct, all of my macros work (including the new ones on the device keys), but the keymoves will not work. I download the remote's config, and the keymoves are in the list, but they don't work when I hit the key (for instance, I have the power for my TV keymoved to the power button under PVR).

As far as I know, I'm doing everything correctly... I upload the config to the remote, start it using the power button, and see the four flashes. Am I doing something stupid? Is there some kind of glaring thing I need to do to enable my keymoves with the extender?

Sorry for the dumb question, but it's been driving me nuts for about a week now, and I can't find a post on here that describes this problem.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpt from the extender readme file:
Code:
Without the extender, this remote handles key moves differently from most of
the other JP1 remotes, and does not support multibyte command key moves.
This extender enables multibyte key moves, however, does NOT support the key
moves created without the extender.  You have to convert all the key moves
manually if you choose to copy your settings created for non-extended remote.

jvanhuis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: As expected.... Reply with quote

As expected.... I was doing something stupid. I guess I glossed over that part of the documentation.

<smacks self on head>

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: