JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Optoma RD50A television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skillethome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Optoma RD50A television Reply with quote

1. Device: Optoma RD50A
2. Type of device: DLP HDTV
3. JP1 Remote model: URC 6131 that was sent in to OFA for upgrade.
4. JP1 user? Yes, beginner level
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
8. Partially working setup code? 0887
9. Learning remote question? Not a learning remote

Hi.
I'm wondering if there's a way for me to get an additional function onto my URC 6131. Most functions work using the 0887 code, but there is no SD Selector, which cycles through Standard Definition modes on the TV. That is a key button on the original Optoma remote, but it just doesn't transfer to my 6131 for some reason. The HD Selector function did transfer and is the TV/Vid button on the 6131. Thoughts?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post your IR file in the Diagnosis Area (and then post a link to it), one of us can convert the UEI upgrade into an upgrade file. You shoudl also have been given a list of advanced codes by UEI, if so could you please include that also.
skillethome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel really stupid saying this, but I don't understand what you mean by the
Diagnosis Area. Is that a forum here that I haven't located?

UEI told me that the setup code for Optoma TVs was 0887, which they went ahead and programmed into the remote when I sent it in for the upgrade. However, they didn't provide me with any advanced codes. Is that something I should request from Optoma or UEI?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Diagnosis Area is a folder in the File Section.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skillethome wrote:
UEI told me that the setup code for Optoma TVs was 0887, which they went ahead and programmed into the remote when I sent it in for the upgrade. However, they didn't provide me with any advanced codes. Is that something I should request from Optoma or UEI?

UEI
skillethome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you post your IR file in the Diagnosis Area (and then post a link to it), one of us can convert the UEI upgrade into an upgrade file. You shoudl also have been given a list of advanced codes by UEI, if so could you please include that also.

Here is what you asked for:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1922
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The protocol is NEC1 with a device code of 2 and a sub-device code of 245. Unless someone else gets to it before me, I'll create an upgrade file for this tomorrow.

In the meantime, there are two functions where the name got truncated and all that's left is "PIP Channel", I'm guessing that the words UP and DOWN got truncated off. The EFCs are 568 and 313. Could you test them and see which is which please.
skillethome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my TV setup PIP/POP enabled -- you have to input into non-HD sources -- so I can't test those. But looking at the original remote, I'm pretty sure that your hunch is correct.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's your upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1923

I've used TV mode for this file, so as not to confuse people that might download it, but in order for you to be able to load many more functions into the upgrade, you should change it to a mode that includes more buttons (such as VCR).

Plus, if there's anyway that you can hook something up so you can verify the PIP CH+/- codes, I would appreciate it. I've made a guess as to which is which in the upgrade file, but I could be wrong.

What happens when you press these buttons on your original remote? Do you get an error message on the screen? Is it the same message for both buttons?
skillethome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here's your upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1923

I've used TV mode for this file, so as not to confuse people that might download it, but in order for you to be able to load many more functions into the upgrade, you should change it to a mode that includes more buttons (such as VCR).

Plus, if there's anyway that you can hook something up so you can verify the PIP CH+/- codes, I would appreciate it. I've made a guess as to which is which in the upgrade file, but I could be wrong.

What happens when you press these buttons on your original remote? Do you get an error message on the screen? Is it the same message for both buttons?

Interesting. So VCR modes on the 6131 enable more buttons than TV modes? Or am I totally clueless about what you're trying to say ...

At this point, yes, both buttons on the original remote give me the red circle with a slash through it on the TV. But does this help you at all?
http://www.optomausa.com/optomausa/doc/RD50/RPTV%20Discrete%20IR%20Code.pdf
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skillethome wrote:
Interesting. So VCR modes on the 6131 enable more buttons than TV modes? Or am I totally clueless about what you're trying to say ...

Every remote offers a different subset of buttons for each device mode. For example, in TV mode you WILL get the PIP buttons but you WON'T get the VCR transport keys. In DVD mode you WILL get the transport keys and buttons such as ANGLE, etc but you WON'T get the PIP buttons, etc.

If you're using KM to edit your upgrades, take a look at the "Layout" tab as this will show you which buttons are included in each mode. Then you can decide which mode best suits your needs. In your case, you don't even have the PIP feature activated, so if you pick VCR mode, you won't care that the PIP buttons are dropped. Even if you were using PIP, you still might decide to use VCR mode as you would only need 3 keymoves to activate the PIP buttons, whereas if you used TV mode, you might need several more keymoves to populate all the additional buttons that you might want to use.

However, be aware that when you use a device mode that does not match the device button that you intend to use (which I'm assuming is the TV button in this case) you will break VPT (volume punch through) under this device button. Now, if you've got VPT set to your stereo receiver but you would like the volume buttons to work the TV when you're in TV mode, then you will be getting the desired effect anyway. BUT... if you want the volume buttons in TV mode to also punch through to the receiver, you would need to use 3 keymoves to fix it. (Note: these restrictions don't apply if you're using the extender).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skillethome wrote:
At this point, yes, both buttons on the original remote give me the red circle with a slash through it on the TV. But does this help you at all?
http://www.optomausa.com/optomausa/doc/RD50/RPTV%20Discrete%20IR%20Code.pdf

Yes it does indeed. That file confirmed that I picked the right codes for the PIP CH+/- functions.

In case you're interested, I converted that PDF into a spreadsheet and then listed all the OBCs from the PDF next to the OBCs that I got from the UEI advanced code list and the only difference is that each list has an extra code for one of the wide functions....

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1928
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: