JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question About using a 15-2116 with Pioneer VSX-1014

View previous topic :: View next topic  
violaplayr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Question About using a 15-2116 with Pioneer VSX-1014 Reply with quote

OK, new to the forums, been reading a lot and learning a lot. Basically what inspired me to come here was I have a Pioneer VSX-1014 receiver that didn't come with a remote. Rather than pay the $70 for the original remote, I thought I'd pick up a 15-2116 from the Rat Shack seeing that the opinions of this remote were good by others.

So, I see that there is a file up for a Pioneer VSX-1014, but it says that it was mapped using a URC-6131 PVR Remote. Will this be able to translate to my 15-2116? Would I be better off with a URC-6131 if I'm using this file?

Any help is appreciated!
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the file can translate to your remote. You'll need open KM or RM (based on what the file was created in) and change the remote type. It sounds complicated, but if you read some of the documentation, you'll find it's pretty easy.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though that upgrade file is a KM file, RM can read it.

Once you've loaded the file into RM or KM, and changed the remote to the one you are trying to program, you should take a look at how the functions have been assigned to buttons to make sure (1) that all the functions you want to use have been assigned to buttons and (2) that you find the assignments to be logical. If either of those is not the case, you can change the assignments as you see fit.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created the 1014 upgrade, and I tried to include every function from the original remote, plus some additional functions that the 1014 will respond to but aren't on the original remote. I then assigned the functions I wanted to specific buttons on the 6131 remote.

It would be easy to open the upgrade in KM or RM, and reassign the functions to whatever buttons you prefer on your particular remote.

I would be happy to answer questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: