JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device4 protocol different than what is on new KM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Device4 protocol different than what is on new KM? Reply with quote

I am trying to change audio CD 0032 to new device type [cable] so I can have more buttons to program for my HTPC. I still want the CD functions to work. I seem to be having a problem with this seemly simple task. I tell you what I done and maybe someone can see what I am doing wrong or share a simpler way. BTW, I am using a RS 15-1994.

First I open devices4, choose CD set-up code 0032. I then open up KM [latest version].I change device type to cable in KM. I then copy all the EFC's from devices4 and paste special them into KM. I then add EFC's of 000 to all unused button functions and assign them [I do this cause I think it might be needed to have all the keys transmit]

Now here comes what I think maybe the problem. The protocol shown in devices4 is NEC2-E2, protocol ID: 00 E2, Fixed Data: BA. These options are not available in KM. So I looked in devices and I see it is listed as Pioneer with the same ID and fixed data. So I use this info.

I copy the upgrade paste it in IR [changed the code to 1032] and while all buttons work [transmit a signal], none of them send a signal that works on my CD player.

Does what I did seem correct? Show I do everything over the same way? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

DRB
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Device4 protocol different than what is on new KM? Reply with quote

drb wrote:
So I looked in devices and I see it is listed as Pioneer with the same ID and fixed data. So I use this info.
Pioneer seems like the correct protocol. Did you enter a Device Code of 162 (that corresponds to the Fixed Data of BA you mentioned) on the Setup sheet?

Quote:
I then add EFC's of 000 to all unused button functions and assign them [I do this cause I think it might be needed to have all the keys transmit]
Why do all the keys need to transmit?
drb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you enter a Device Code of 162

Yes.

Quote:
Why do all the keys need to transmit?

I plan on using girder to sent singals to my appilications on my HTPC. I want every key to sent something so I can assign a function with girder to all keys. I see this might be a huge mistake, I need each key to sent a different signal, would these be different IR signals just because of key placement? I am pretty sure I would need to assign a different EFC to each key. It doesn't matter what the signal is as long as it is different than other signals.

DRB
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drb wrote:
I need each key to sent a different signal, would these be different IR signals just because of key placement?
No
Quote:
I am pretty sure I would need to assign a different EFC to each key.
Correct.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
drb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it must be something wrong I did, created the up-grade in RM and I am good to go.

DRB
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: