JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vutec motorized projection screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ugazzovision

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Vutec motorized projection screen Reply with quote

Hi.

I have used the 15-2116 to learn the remote keys (up, down, & stop) and I have saved the results in the diagnosis area with file name "Vutec motorized projection screen":
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1460

I am trying to create an upgrade using the learned signals but I don't know which protocol to use. The protocol in the learned signals is ?Matsui. I have tried several protocols in KM but not getting anywhere with my guesswork.

Does anyone know what the correct protocol is for this upgrade? Or do I need to create a new protocol?

1. Device: Vutec
2. Type of device: motorized projection screen
3. JP1 Remote model: 15-2116
4. JP1 user? yes
5. Still have original remote? yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by ugazzovision on Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Vutec motorized projection screen Reply with quote

ugazzovision wrote:
I have saved the results in the diagnosis area with file name "Vutec motorized projection screen"

Please provide a link to the file so that anyone willing to look at it doesn't have to go searching for it. Thanks.
ugazzovision

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link has been added to the original post.

Sorry for the omission.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at those learned signals and they do match the protocol I've seen in CCF files, that I tentatively named "Matsui".

I don't recall that protocol ever being discussed in the JP1 group before.

It has fairly typical timing, so it isn't easy to compare it to the partial info I have on the many UEI protocols (that we haven't investigated carefully) to see if it matches one of them.

It is a very simple protocol to reinvent with PB. From there it could be inserted into a manual mode upgrade in KM, or a new protocols.ini entry in RM.

I'm probably too busy to do that today. But other experts also know how, (or may have a better guess of whether it exists already as a UEI protocol). I prefer to work with RM rather than KM, so if this waits till I have time to do it, I may ask you to switch to RM. Is that a problem?

Edit: On closer inspection, the timing of these is a bit further from the Matsui samples I have than I'd expect for normal variation. It isn't far enough apart that a decoder could reasonably tell the difference, nor is it likely to be a problem using slightly different timing. But I'm not certain of that.

The CCF files I have are all a pretty good fit for the rounded timing I have in my documentation:
{38K,525}<1,-1|1,-3>(D:3,F:7,1,^30.5m)+

The timings in your sample don't fit the above as well (shorter pulses, longer gaps and longer total frame time).

But on even closer inspection, I see something wrong with your "Up" code. Best guess, it indicates that the batteries in the original remote were not good enough for clean learning, in which case that might explain all the timing differences.

Can you relearn that signal with new batteries in the original remote?

Does this device have more than those three signals? Ssince we have no other source for your command codes you'd need to learn all the functions for an upgrade.
ugazzovision

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response johnsfine.

I haven't used RM yet (only been at it a couple of weeks) but I am more than willing to try it. I was going to start learning RM anyway. So not a problem at all.

I will also try to find the Matsui protocol you mentioned in the CCF files.

BTW my rs15-2116 is now setup with extender2 and it works beautifully. LKP, toadtog, etc all working great.

Thanks for the great tools and support.

Edit: I will relearn the signals with new batteries tonight. I can have a new file in the diagnosis folder by tomorrow. The remote has other buttons on it but they essentially do the same thing - used for controling several projection screens in tandem. The only buttons I would ever use are the up, down, & stop.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you won't use them in the upgrade, having the full set of buttons may help us understand the protocol, and would help anyone else who comes across this device later. So we would prefer if you learned the full set.

I seem to have misplaced the URLs for the Matsui TV's that used this protocol. There is a Sony Beta VCR that seems to use it in this CCF: adriaan-nijendaal_ccf.zip but I don't see how a CCF using the protocol will help you. It isn't a similar device type nor the same device number, nor the same commands.
ugazzovision

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have relearned the "up" code using new batteries. In addition I have learned several more buttons from the remote. I am getting numerous error messages while learning so I only did a few more. If you need more codes learned let me know.

The original mapped buttons are as follows:
CD: DOWN --> OPEN ALL
CD: UP --> CLOSE ALL
TV: SELECT --> STOP

The relearned button is:
VCR: UP --> CLOSE ALL

The newly mapped buttons are:
VCR: 1 --> OPEN 1
VCR: 2 --> CLOSE 1
VCR: 4 --> OPEN 2
VCR: 5 --> CLOSE 2
VCR: 7 --> OPEN 3
VCR: 8 --> CLOSE 3

The updated file is: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1467

I have also added a photo of the remote and receiver: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1468
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new up code confirms that the previous one was imperfect due to bad batteries. But all the timings are still off from the Matsui TV samples. Probably that doesn't matter.

I still don't have time to make the upgrade for you with PB, but hopefully soon.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got word from our good friends over at UEI that while they don't have an upgrade for this device, they do have an executor that matches this protocol. I have used the info they gave me to create an upgrade for you to try out...

Upgrade Code 0 = D7 D0 (Home Auto/2000) Vutec motorized projection screen (KM v8.31)
36 00 82 06 81 A3 00 7A BA 00 3A DA 00 9A EA 00
5A 5A 22 12
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 00 36 (S3C8+)
A3 F7 11 8B 16 C5 41 03 07 01 05 02 FC 01 05 07
15 64 0A 00 D2 01 23 00 D2 02 FE 18 03 37 10 09
E6 0E 52 E6 0F 7C F6 01 55 37 12 0F 0C 1E 1C 14
2C 08 F6 01 5B E6 1C 5A E6 1D FA 8D 01 49
End
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did our good friends tell you what the low bit of the hex cmd does in that executor?

At first glance it looks like the low bit of the hex cmd needs to be set to get the right frequency, and if clear will yield half the right frequency. Your upgrade seems to have that bit always clear (wrong frequency).

I'm even more confused about the second to low bit. That sees to do something strange, but it is also one of the OBC bits.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a question into him about those two bits, but for this upgrade, I just copied the fixed hex code "as is".
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

At first glance it looks like the low bit of the hex cmd

Oops! I should have taken more than a first glance.

It is the low two bits of FIXED DATA, not HEX CMD that cause incompatible (with this device's signals) behavior when they are off. (Rob helped me notice this by a private email).

Those two bits are properly on in the above upgrade, so I expect it would work.
ugazzovision

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success !!

The upgrade works.

Your help on this is greatly appreciated. My remote is now controlling everything in my home theater. Thanks again for the great tools and support !
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: