JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Calling a macro from within an LKP (HTPro extender 1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Calling a macro from within an LKP (HTPro extender 1) Reply with quote

Is there a restriction/limitation on calling a macro from within an LKP?

I have a problem getting an LKP to work. Here's the setup: (using HTPro w/ Extender 1)

All of my components are set up with (I sense relatively common) device selection/system setup macros using LKPs wherein:
(1) Macro on Device button calls a device-specific LKP (i.e. CBL=Dev_Cbl, Phantom 1 - where CBL/Phantom 1 is an LKP);
(2) Short press = simply device selection sequence (i.e. Dev_CBL, Set_vol, Set_Trans,Set_other, etc);
(3) Long Press = Power-on and select inputs for all appropriate gear and appropriate device selection (Dev_Rcvr, discrete on, input a, Dev_TV, Discrete on, input b, Dev_CBL, discrete on, set_XXX, ..))

These have worked well routinely for all of my equipment.

I now have a case where the LKP cannot stand alone as it exceeds the 14-step limit. So I have set up a macro for the latter portion of the sequence I require, and call it as the last step (step 10) of my LKP.
(3) Long Press = Dev_TV, Discrete ON, Input x, Dev_RCVR, Discrete on, input y, Macro Z:
(4) Macro Z=Dev_VCR, discrete on, input w, DEV-CBL, discrete on, Set_XXX, set_YYY, etc

Looking at my remote as it sequences, all of the desired commands are executing UP TO the call to Macro Z in the LKP - the SKP sequence executes correctly completely, and the LKP sequence starts out executing corectly, but stops before executing any step of Macro Z.

Is what I am doing allowed? I have checked multiple times and cannot see any disconnects in my sequencing, and I thought that with the extender, there was technically no limit on how many pending commands remained, so I'm a bit non-plussed.

I'm not uploading my IR file yet as I hope someone can point out an obvious extender limitation I'm overlooking.
ot04298

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might need a "Dev_Cancel" right before MacroZ if it is a DSM on a button other than in RCVR mode. In your example MacroZ is after you changed the device mode to RCVR.

I have a similar setup that calls a string of DSMs in the LKP and the Dev_Cancel at the end of each DSM was what I initially overlooked.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible causes:
  1. The "Macro Z" is a DSM but not in the RCVR device (you are switching to the RCVR device in the LKP)
  2. It's a regular macro but there's a key move on the same button and the key move is at lower address in the EEPROM. (The extender executes whichever it finds first.)

Hal
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro Z is NOT a DSM, it is a "regular" or "universal" macro. I'll have to examine the IR setup more closely, to see if I have a conflict assigned to that "button" (Macro Z is actually assigned to x_shift phantom 3). Will check tomorrow when I get a chance again.

Thanks for the ideas.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the same extender (most likely) in 8910 and HTPro and with similar set of commands it was OK for me. The LKP included nested keymoves, nested macros and I manufactured a concatenation of MACRO-Z type of thing. It, too, works. I see no limitations on the extender side. Now. Today. Who knows what hits tomorrow Wink
BTW I bumped into a limit of 12 or 13 keys not 14.

I just thought of something else. One thing not in my experiment which is in yours are the SET_xxx commands (I was using shutdown macros). What if at the time you call Macro-Z, that key is NOT in the device's key set at the time you want that key pushed? I've done that so often it's not funny.

Try [Long] Macro-Y;Macro-Z structure, where Macro-Y would be all the keys in your current [Long] sequence. Try the macros individually in immediate succession, watch the LCD for what happens, and then try via LKP. It might reveal something. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: