JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 60PP9202

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barchamb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Philips 60PP9202 Reply with quote

I have a Philips 60PP9202 HDTV. The video 4 input in the back is the HDTV input, and can accept 480p or 1080i. It also can accept either YPbPr, or RGBHV. There is a menu item that switches the color space the TV uses on this input betwwen YPbPr and RGBHV.

My HDTV sattelite receiver uses RGBHV. My progressive scan DVD player uses YPbPr. In order to switch between them, I have to go through the menu system on the TV.

My question is: does anyone know (or know where to find) if there is a discrete code for switching between these things so I can assign it to a button on my 15-1994? Thanks!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a listing of discrete codes at the Pronto website for 2002 Philips TV's, Plasma's and Projectors. Someone sent me the 2003 list that apparently hasn't been posted yet. I didn't see any command on either list that looked promising.

You might try a macro using the same steps that you would do using the setup menus to change the setting. Some gear will let you pick a numeral from the pull down choices rather than a "down|down|...|select" sequence.

If that doesn't work, I would use a transcoder and change the RGBHV to YPbPr. There are several out there. I have a DCT-100 and RCA makes a special one for it that can adjust horizontal position. I think they will be $80 to $100 if you shop around. Also won't you need a component switcher, if you only have one HD input?
barchamb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the DTC-100, but I didn't need the transcoder because my TV takes the RGBHV from the DTC-100 directly.

Yes, I have a component switcher, the Zektor HDS4. I have 3 HD input, my DTC-100, my DVD player, and the output of my iScan Pro, which converts my TiVo and Xbox from SD to HD. The iScan and the DTC-100 both do RGBHV, but my DVD player doesn't, so I have to switch the color space on the TV.

My wife does not appriciate this. I've made it very easy for her, and this is the only step that is difficult. I'm probably just going to make everyone play DVDs through the Xbox so they don't have to go through the TV menu. Sad
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same switcher (and the IR commands if you need them). BTW, there is another transcoder that does YPb to RGBHV:

http://www.audioauthority.com/consumer.html

but it is more expensive.

I went the other way because I have a front projection system and a Sony XBR direct view that I both feed from the DCT-100 through a distribution amplifier. The Sony TV only has YPb inputs.

I also have a HDTV tuner card a MyHD 120 in a PC that is my HD "PVR" for OTA that I switch with the Zektor. It also will do either YPb or RGBHV but it seemed easier to run 3 pieces of coax instead of 5 Smile

My Projector a Sony VW10HT is the worlds most incompatible device with a DTC-100 and, in addition to all the other issues with making HDTV "easy" for a high WAF, I don't how I would do it without JP1.

OK, this is beginning to sound like AVS Forum... Let me know if you need any IR commands.
barchamb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I spend a lot of time at the AVS forums as well. Smile

My wife love my 1994. It's very easy for her to use (my kids can do it as well), but this YPrPb/RGB thingy is frustrating for her...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: