JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HT-PRO vs. 8910...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone planning to order 7 of them to get the free shipping? And if so, will you be looking to sell off some of the extras?

I've got someone overseas who's looking to buy one.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Is anyone planning to order 7 of them to get the free shipping? And if so, will you be looking to sell off some of the extras?

Robman,

I'd have figured YOU'd be the guy buying up a batch to save on shipping and adding them to your marketplace store inventory! Laughing
eae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Yes, contact me on hot mail. Same as forum ID.

E
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Is anyone planning to order 7 of them to get the free shipping? ...
I wish I thought about this option Crying or Very sad

$6 Shipping costs just might get partly covered by this
Quote:
We know the time and effort it takes to provide feedback and we value it as much as you do. As a show of our appreciation, we'd like to offer you a $5 Gift Certificate for each website your review of X10 appears on. Use the Gift Certificate on future purchases for yourself or give it to a friend so they can share in the X10 fun! See Below:

Yahoo.com Shopping Click Here
To obtain your Gift Certificate, simply email us at ratings@x10.com and provide us with your order number and which websites you have submitted a rating on. Once your reviews have been posted, we will send you an email with a Gift Certificate that you can enter upon Checkout to receive $5-$20 off your next purchase.*
I got this with the shipping confirmation. Time will tell if it happens but I did tell yahoo their service was good.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I'd have figured YOU'd be the guy buying up a batch to save on shipping and adding them to your marketplace store inventory! Laughing

I thought about it, but now that everyone knows that they can get them for just $8 a piece, how much could I sell them for? The truth is that I have grown tired of packing up remotes every evening and am planning on winding down my market place activity.
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD,

Thanks for the info because I jumped on the X10 deal Wednesday evening just incase. At that price I couldn't pass it up as a backup for my URC-9910. Smile
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The truth is that I have grown tired of packing up remotes every evening and am planning on winding down my market place activity.

Rob,
Before you do cease your market place stuff, can you make a "last call". I'm still having the wife evaluate how I've set up the 8811. If she decides she likes it (or I get it setup the way she likes), I'll probably want a 6011 for our second setup. I'm just not ready to buy now.

Best,
jeff
bob_m

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered 7.
Hopefully the order goes thru Smile
(Hope wife doesn't find out Surprised )

Lets see
1 for movie room (7 components)
1 for front room (3 components)
1 for bedroom (3 components - dangit I want surrround sound in the bedroom AGAIN... Evil or Very Mad )
1 spare
1 for mom?
1 for father-in-law
maybe 1 left over Smile

I just couldn't pass up the price with free shipping.
NOw I need to return my 8810Ws Wink

Rob, Since I'm in Kankakee County, IL let me know if the other "extra" offers fall thru.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who's looking for the remote is dazman61 (aka Darren) and he's in Australia.

Here's how you can send the HT-Pro remote to someone very ecomonically. You should remove the remote from whatever packaging it comes in and re-package it in an O-1096L Priority Mail box available for free from the Post Office.

This box fits nicely inside the larger Priority Mail flat rate envelopes, which means you can mail it for $3.85 domestically (using an EP14F envelope) or $9 internationally (using an EP15A envelope).

eae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: PCRush remote - same as from X10 Reply with quote

My order from PCRush arrived and it is as others described, very much like a new 9910 with slightly darker case (which I like better), navigation buttons, red backlight, JP1 header in place. IR sees it as a 8910/9910.

Now that PCRush raised their price no sense in buying from them as long as the x10 deal holds out.

Rob, great way to ship international, very reasonable. Not sure I would have thought about using an envelope.

E
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PCRush remote - same as from X10 Reply with quote

eae wrote:
Rob, great way to ship international, very reasonable. Not sure I would have thought about using an envelope.

Thanks. You need to re-shape the envelope a bit, but the box fits perfectly.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you didn't grab up one of those HT-Pro's already, you might have missed your chance, because according to one user over in the ReplayTV forum X10 just ran out.
Phobia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

X10 called me today to let me know they are back-ordered. It sounded to me like he wanted me just to cancel, but as I'm ordering this as a backup remote for my 15-2116 (and I'm considering adding the RF "puck" from it to the 2116 as well) I am happy to wait.

-- Phob
GLT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobia,

And that's after I called @ 1:30 PM EST Friday and was told they were in stock on their "updated every hour" inventory.

Looks like they are drop-shipped from some other supplier (UEI?) - and it looks like most of the other sites do the same thing. So they don't know they are out until they call the supplier.

I question if they will get any more, but we can hope. I saw somebody said theirs were shipped 2/24 but we'll see. I'll post here on my Friday order either way.

GLT
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLT wrote:
Looks like they are drop-shipped from some other supplier (UEI?) - and it looks like most of the other sites do the same thing. So they don't know they are out until they call the supplier.

I think that is accurate, which also explains why all these sites are using the wrong picture for the remote and don't even realize it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: