JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Program OneForAll 8810 remote for Lite-On 7551 IR keyboard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ar the correct OBC's for the numerals:

216 0 / )-Dn
209 1 / !-Dn
208 2 / @-Dn
215 3 / #-Dn
214 4 / $-Dn
213 5 / %-Dn
212 6 / ^-Dn
219 7 / &-Dn
218 8 / *-Dn
217 9 / (-Dn

I don't know where those OBC's came from. If you would test all commands again and create a tested version, I'll delete akll the previous ones. How do the repeat commands work. Are they still too fast for the numerals etc?

Also if you could amplify/improve my read me, have at it.
johnnya

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

I have revised those OBC's and output a new KM txt file. I also expanded the readme a bit, for those newbies like me who need things spelled out for them. If you get a chance, check it out and let me know if I wrote anything erroneous. The Mouse and Async files remain unchanged, but for completeness sake I have bundled them all in a zip file here.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to systematically re-check every keyboard command (couple work deadlines looming, my 1-year-old twins are both sick, and I need to help prepare the house for imminent inlaw invasion... you get the picture) but so far everything I have assigned has worked perfectly. I am only using the the repeating behavior in limited fashion (arrow keys and page up/down) but the action seems a lot more reliable now. Will certainly update if I find anything amiss.

Thanks again for ALL your help on this. You have helped to make my entertainment center a much friendlier place. My wife is even willing to "man the helm" now Laughing
stupidcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: keys Reply with quote

This file works great!!! Couple of things I hope some one can help me out with...

I use a an All For One URC 8910 and I have all of the important keys mapped and/or macroed on the remote. I can do everything in MCE that I need to except for the problem that I am having is with the enter key and the "d" key.

Hitting the enter key or space bar using the remote seems to take a long time to process compared to when I do it on the keyboard. I can tell MCE acknowledges the keypress but it doesn't take action until a few painful seconds later.

The "d" key doesn't seem to work. crtl+d should give program info. I have successfully programmed macros with the Crtl key with other commands but when it is combined with "d" nothing happens. Any ideas or comments are appreciated.
johnnya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SC,

I just tested the "D" out on my end, using the same upgrade and it worked fine. Perhaps the macro you are trying to implement isn't configured correctly (make sure the Device button is in there) or perhaps you have Ctrl-D set up to do something else as well, and the two commands are overlapping?

As for "enter" taking a long time to register, the only time that happens for me is when I'm using "enter" to open a folder (in my frontend) and the folder contains a large number of files. In this case, the delay is not caused by the remote or the JP1 protocol, but rather the computer taking a while to index the files.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...
johnnya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also may find that you get a faster response for "enter" or "spacebar" if you designate it as a "Make or Break" command rather than "Repeating" or the default "Make and Break." To do that, using the Airboard Combination upgrade, you enter a "2" in the highlighted "Byte 2" column of the Function page in Keymap-Master.
jkoppenhofer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: MCE Keyboard commands Reply with quote

stupidcomputers:

Sorry, I hate when people do this, but I'm desperate Smile so...

Kind of Off Topic for this thread... but where did you find the keyboard commands for MCE? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find them.
stupidcomputers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnya:

Thanks!!! I will have to give that a try. I couldn't quite understand how to use the make or break command. I will post back with my results.

jkoppenhofer:

A quick google search lead me to this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/using/productdoc/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/mediacenter/using/productdoc/rmtview/htm/keyboardshortcutsinwindowsremoteview.asp
jkoppenhofer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also trying to use an 8910 with MCE...

Were you ever able to get ctl-d working???? I am having the same issue with only that sequence in particular... All the other "ctl-x" commands seem to work fine. Did you get this resolved

I am also having a problem pushing two identical keys one after another. For example "3" followed by "3" does not seem to work. I think if I wait long enough, it may eventually work, but I'll have to test that out tonight. Weird thing is that it seems some keys do work consecutively (ie "dowm" followed by "down"). If I had to guess, I would say that the control bit is NOT working. Control bit "0" and "2" both seem to be "make OR break" while control bit "1" seems to maybe be "make AND break". I can't seem to get the repeatable thing to work at all.

Anybody... Any thought???
jkoppenhofer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: One man thread :) Reply with quote

OK, I realize this is becoming a one man thread, but here we go...

I have come to the realization that the airboard_combination file only works as a make-OR-break protocol for me no matter what the control bit is set to. I am not sure if this is because of the diff in remote, or maybe a different version of the keyboard, but I would really like to get this working...

Jon_armstrong or johnnya... Is there any place specifically I should start to look at to find out why the control bit is not working for my 7551 keyboard or my 8910 remote? I don't think I'm alone either, as "stupidcomputers" looks like he is having the same issue.

Problem is with make-OR-break and MCE is that it looks like MCE specifically looks for the "break" key for certain commands. For example, I noticed that most of the "ctl-x" key shortcuts worked excpet "ctl-d" for viewing program info. Also, pressing consecutive # keys to change channels did not work, as it appeared to be waiting for the break key. I've also seemed to notice this a few times in using the enter/select key in MCE... many times it works, but in some instances, I can get repeatable behavior in which it appears to be waiting for a break key to be sent.

To get around this, I have been using airboard_combination along with the make-AND-break device upgrade. So if I want to use a make-or-break keystroke, I just key move it from the seperate device upgrade to the make-and-break device upgrade. Since I am not desperately seking the repeatable behavior, this works OK. However, I would like to clean up my config and just use one device upgrade if possible, and the repeatable behavior may be nice. So if anyone has a clue on how to fix this, please reply Smile
johnnya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jkoppenhofer,

I feel horrible to be the one to say this, since I only knew him through this board (and through this thread really) but jon armstrong passed away suddenly a few weeks (months?) ago. He was the real keyboard guru around here and without him, frankly, we're on our own. Jon basically held my hand throughout my entire setup with the airboard, and I too had a lot of erratic behavior when I tried to get the control bit to behave as I wanted. My repeating behavior was like a runaway horse (sometimes a steady pace, sometimes ran out of control). If I have some time I will go back through your post(s) to see if I can add anything, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkoppenhofer wrote:
I am also trying to use an 8910 with MCE...

Were you ever able to get ctl-d working???? I am having the same issue with only that sequence in particular... All the other "ctl-x" commands seem to work fine. Did you get this resolved

I am also having a problem pushing two identical keys one after another. For example "3" followed by "3" does not seem to work. I think if I wait long enough, it may eventually work, but I'll have to test that out tonight. Weird thing is that it seems some keys do work consecutively (ie "dowm" followed by "down"). If I had to guess, I would say that the control bit is NOT working. Control bit "0" and "2" both seem to be "make OR break" while control bit "1" seems to maybe be "make AND break". I can't seem to get the repeatable thing to work at all.

Anybody... Any thought???

To turn off the toggle bit, see the links in this thread:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-master/thread.cgi?6717
jkoppenhofer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about jon armstrong... I see his name all over the place for programming remotes for keyboards, and this will truly be a loss for the community.

Just to clear things up , I am NOT dealing with a debounce issue, that is only for universal remotes programmed to use the MCE IR Receiver. I don't even have the MCE IR Reciever installed, so that registry key is not even there Smile

Anyway, I have the make-AND-break protocol working in conjunction with a "key-moved" make-OR-break protocol for the compound key functions, and I am happy with the result as everything is working fine. Repeatable may be nice, but it probably isn't worth losing any sleep over Smile THANKS johnnya for the offer, as it would be nice to understand how to debug this stuff myself. For now, though, I am satisfied. If anyone has any questions about my config, or would like a copy of the rmdu and ir files I am using, just let me know.
shigaloo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkoppenhofer wrote:
Sorry to hear about jon armstrong... I see his name all over the place for programming remotes for keyboards, and this will truly be a loss for the community.

Just to clear things up , I am NOT dealing with a debounce issue, that is only for universal remotes programmed to use the MCE IR Receiver. I don't even have the MCE IR Reciever installed, so that registry key is not even there Smile

Anyway, I have the make-AND-break protocol working in conjunction with a "key-moved" make-OR-break protocol for the compound key functions, and I am happy with the result as everything is working fine. Repeatable may be nice, but it probably isn't worth losing any sleep over Smile THANKS johnnya for the offer, as it would be nice to understand how to debug this stuff myself. For now, though, I am satisfied. If anyone has any questions about my config, or would like a copy of the rmdu and ir files I am using, just let me know.

could i get that rdmu & ir files from ya, also using a 8910 w/ airboard (liteon)

TIA- dave
jkoppenhofer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference only, I have posted my files in the diagnosis area HERE .

I do use the extender as all the keymoves, Macros, and DSM's take up alot of space in my IR file. Obviously this is customized for my use of MCE using my URC8910, but I'm sure others could probably use it to get themselves going. I haven't really taken full advantage of everthing I could do with the extender, and there may be some small bugs here and there, so alter as you feel necessary.
shigaloo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: