JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Program OneForAll 8810 remote for Lite-On 7551 IR keyboard
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aglp2k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Program OneForAll 8810 remote for Lite-On 7551 IR keyboard Reply with quote

I am a newbie to this forum and be easy on me.

I tried to manually program my OFA 8810 remote for Lite-On 7551 keyboard so that I can control my HTPC during DVD playback. I am successful only for programming couple of keys by using OFA 8810 instruction manual. I borrowed a JP1 cable from my friend. However I can't find a list of codes for the 7551 keyboard. Is there such a code list for this keyboard to use with JP1?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the Code Search FAQ, linked in my sig.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
aglp2k

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Device: Lite-On 7551
2. Type of device: IR Keyboard
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8810
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FAQ:
Quote:
Finally, if your JP1 remote is a learning remote and you do have the original remote, please explain what is preventing you from using learning to capture the signals and then you building an upgrade yourself. Answers such as "I'm too lazy" are not acceptable.

jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Lite-On keyboards use the Airboard Keyboard device upgrade. Give that a try.
aglp2k

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Thank you very much. I used the Airboard Keyboard device upgrade and it worked perfectly.

I got all the wanted keys for my HTPC functions except one key combination(Ctrl M).

Ctrl M is the keystroke needed to activate Menu function in WinDVD software. I can't figure out how to assign this key combination in KeyMaster program. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a different keyboard, but it may be the same issue: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3945&highlight=
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Airboard Protocol in the Device Upgrade only does "half" of the command. The "make" command that is sent when the key is depressed is what is setup in the function tab of the device upgrade. The "break" command that is sent when the key is released is in the note column in the functions tab.

Ctrl-M is technically Ctrl(make), M(make), M(break),and Clrl(break).

You should be able to do that by creating a macro for Ctrl(make)|M(make) since the break commands are usually unnecessary (except for the enter key in my personal experience with a close cousin to the Airboard).

If that doesn't work, try a macro for Ctrl(make)|M(make)|M(break)|Clrl(break). Also, IIUC, many software DVD players allow you to change the hotkey assignments.
aglp2k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot and post the results. I looked around in the WinDVD software as well as the windows registry to change the hotkey assignments but could not find any information.
aglp2k

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Success. I followed your instructions and created a macro for Ctrl(make) and M(make) and it worked great. I assigned the macro to the Menu button on the remote. Now I am able press Menu button on my remote to activate the menu from my WinDVD software player.

There was no need to include the Ctrl(break) and M(break) as you thought.

Your advice is greatly appreciated and keep up the good work.

Thank you.
peecee69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, swinging over from another thread, I have a RS 15-2116 and a Lite-on IR 7551 IR keyboard. Jon graciously posted a new device upgrade here, and the actions are a little better (meaning not jumpy or unpredicatable), but they are completely unmatched. For example, I mapped the UP^ in the device upgrade to the Up button of the remote, but it does nothing. I also mapped the right arrow of the 2116 to the > button of the device upgrade, but it acts more like the escape key of the keyboard. I don't really care about getting the mouse or mouse buttons to work, just the simple buttons (numbers, guide, menu, info, chan up/down, select and 4 directional keys).

Any help is appreciated! Heck, if someone is willing, I'd buy them the keyboard just to help me out with this problem!

Paul[/url]
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Learn the commands that don't work and post the file in the diagnosis area and post a link. I have seen many variations on this keyboard and some commands just may be different.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also decode IR will translate those commands it will look something like this:

AirB4-A1.59.21.D9 Device=20, OBC=1

Ignore the Device and OBC

AirB6 means airboard with 4 hex bytes that are separated by a period:

A1.59.21.D9

A1 is decimal 161 that goes in the OBC column in KM Master (that is what I show as the "make" command for the "Right Arrow key").

0x59 is 0xA1 XOR 0xF8 and that is a check byte baked into the protocol

21 is decimal 33 ("break" command for the "Right Arrow key" -- the break command is always the make command - decimal 128 -- and baked into the latest upgrade).

D9 is the check byte

Sometimes you will also see one or more 5D.A5 at the end that is an all clear command and the same for all keys.

In summary you really only need to convert the first value to decimal or just type the hex into the OBC column with an "h" after it without quotes in this case A1h.
johnnya

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Device: Lite-On 7551
2. Type of device: IR Keyboard
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8811
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes

Been following this thread closely, as I am also trying to teach a Lite-On 7551 to a OFA 8811, but unlike the others I would also eventually like mouse control as well as use of the media (Play, Stop, Next, Prev) and power buttons --a sure headache recipe, I realize, as I've only been playing with this stuff for a week. (I'm a little surprised these media keys weren't among the first to be decoded, as they are the most useful for HTPCs, but that's neither here nor there and I'm hugely thankful to the experts for making any of this possible at all. For basic usage, the first non-make-and-break Airboard upgrade has worked flawlessly for me so far).

Anyway, starting with power key first, DecodeIR isn't returning results that look anything like what Jon posted above. Instead I'm getting "Phase Encoded (RC-Type)" about 5 times in the Protocol window and a long string of numbers in the raw data field, . And the numberts aren't always consistent from decode result to decode result. And occasionally I get the red "IR can't analyze" message.

FWIW, the most consistent result from this one test decode has been posted here

Basically, I'm at a loss how to proceed without your help Jon. I hate to grovel... but maybe it might help to know this keyboard (and its variants) is extremely popular among HTPC users and you stand to deflect *many* more such requests if we're able to get it cracked completely.

Bountiful thanks in advance...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnya wrote:

FWIW, the most consistent result from this one test decode has been posted here

I can't help anyway (you do need Jon) but I'll comment on what you uploaded to diagnosis.

Please do not upload output from failed or questionable decodes. It justs wastes everyone's time. If you have a problem with decodes, upload (to the diagnosis folder) the whole eeprom image (.ir or .txt file from IR.EXE's file/save command) containing several of the learned signals. Then put its URL in a post with some explanation (which keys are which if they don't exactly match the button names on the learning remote, any other special factors such as short vs. long press for keyboards).

I don't know if Jon needs any of that to help you. But if it's worth puting anything in the diagnosis folder it's worth doing right. (and I try to grab any interesting learned signal collections from diagnosis myself, so that when I finally get around to adding that protocol to DecodeIr I'll have something to test with).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: