JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade overflow with extenders?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Upgrade overflow with extenders? Reply with quote

I am still new to this whole extender business. I am trying to use the extender for 9910, and it takes up a huge portion of the upgrade memory. When I start adding devices/protocols, I very quickly run out of memory. If I do, I get a message asking if I want the upgrade overflow to go to the learning/move memory areas.

So, the question is, is it OK to do so? Will this make it difficult or impossible for the remote to find protocols or to utilize them? If it really makes no difference, why does IR report memory problems?

TIA, and I apologize for questions about these seemingly simple issues.

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine to let it overflow. IR reports it to you just to keep you informed.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will this make it difficult or impossible for the remote to find protocols or to utilize them?

No the remote will still do the table lookup and find the upgrade just as easily.

Quote:
If it really makes no difference, why does IR report memory problems?

So that you are informed. If you have a problem with this extender that would be worth mentioning.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.

So far the extender seems to be working fine, but I only have 5 devices on the remote. They all seem to be doing what I want them to, though, including letting me program the com/skip and fav buttons, which is the main reason I needed to go to an extender.

Thanks for the help. I may be back when I run into more problems, but for now it seems to be great.

Thanks to all the people who have put so much time into making all the software needed to program the remotes. It is amazing!

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: