JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8910, how to store device in use

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: 8910, how to store device in use Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 8910 with extender.
When i am using TV or SAT or Cable, i can watch TV teletext pressing a button on the remote, but after i must press TV to set SET_CHAN_KEYS to TV (for page navigation), press the button again to close teletext end press SAT or Cable to restore SET_CHAN_KEYS to the appropriate device.

I want this TOADTOG:
when i press the button for teletext:
store device in use
enable TV Teletext
SET_CHAN_KEYS on DEV_TV
when i press the button for teletext another time:
disable TV Teletext
restore SET_CHAN_KEYS to the device in use before the first press

How i can do it?

Thanks.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how hard it would be to create a special protocol to save/restore that setting.

Assuming you use some work around, rather than actually save/restore the setting, I have a few questions to determine the best work around.

1) How many different devices do you need to restor to? Just SAT or CBL? Or those plus TV? Or more?

2) Is there another key set that remains bound to the right device mode during that teletext operation?

If (2) is yes, you could put a DSM on a shifted key in that other key set in each target mode, that sets the CHAN_KEYS to that mode. Then have the toadtog for teletext issue that shifted keycode.
bruceas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

1) How many different devices do you need to restor to? Just SAT or CBL? Or those plus TV? Or more?.

SAT, CABLE and TV

johnsfine wrote:

2) Is there another key set that remains bound to the right device mode during that teletext operation?

If (2) is yes, you could put a DSM on a shifted key in that other key set in each target mode, that sets the CHAN_KEYS to that mode. Then have the toadtog for teletext issue that shifted keycode.

I will try this. Thanks, bye
bruceas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

It works. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: