JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is likely a silly question but you are remembering to activate the extender after uploading any change to the remote right? With the atlas remote it is select instead of power to activate.
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
This is likely a silly question

Remember there are no silly questions Wink but seriously I found the problem.
It appears I somehow altered the original RDF or Text file for the extender and it mesed things up.So I downloaded a fresh copy and started again and voila! It works!!
(I knew it was user error Embarassed )
I even got the DVD changer set up how I want it.
Thanks for all your help,till the next time.
magicjohn

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: atlas 2k extender? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Did you ever get the 2k atlas extender to work? If I gave you a remote, would that help?

Also,

I have had problems in the past with my sony dream home theatre with the multi-protocol codes. Will this extender work with it?

Thanks,
John
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I does not appear that there is a 2K extender for the Atlas remote. If you look in the file section, there is just the one extender there.

Have you installed a 2K EEPROM?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
magicjohn

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: 2k eeprom Reply with quote

Not yet. I just ordered the remote. Rob suggested I give it a try and likely I will not need the 2k.

John
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind if I ask where you got the atlas remote?I'd like to get another.
magicjohn

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: atlas remote Reply with quote

I got it from ebay. I point blank ask the sellers if it says JP1 or JP2.

There is another (9726716623) that I asked about.

I bought 2 from this person who has some more (9728050585) via buy it now. Verify that it is JP1 and then buy it.

Good Luck,
John
bcardellini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
I've got pretty much everything needed, except for the remote and a 2K EEPROM... Surprised That's all I need... and this ashtray...

...oh, and this Chair.

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
OK, I'll try to put a 2K version together as time permits.

Gumby, I've been dreaming of a 2k extender for my Atlas 5 for a year. If there's any way you can make one, I'll sing your name in the streets. I've tried to make one myself, but I'm way, way too stupid for that. If you need an Atlas to tinker with, or a 2k EEPROM, I'll send them. Anything to help the development of a 2k extender so I can make my remote control dreams come true.
Paolo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know bumping an old post is not always recommended, but I have a question on the same topic. I too have an Atlas DVR/PVR -5 remote. When ever I press volume up or volume down or mute, the TV light will come on durring the keypress then the cable light will illumiate right aftter. Is this normal? or is this a pre-programmed extender by Rogers when they packaged this remote with my set top box? i dont remember my older 4-device remote doing this. mind you the only reason i ask this is because when the cable light comes on immedately after, it clears my on-screen menu (not the guide but the bottom bar) as if i was pressing the exit key. PPS i dont have a jp1 cable yet.
Rogers 4250 HD Box
bcardellini

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like it's just some kind of volume punch-through.

...but back on the topic of Atlas 5 DVR extenders, I would still be eternally grateful to anyone who can make a 2k extender for this remote. I can suppy a chip, or a chipped remote if needed.
Paolo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcardellini wrote:
That sounds like it's just some kind of volume punch-through.

what does that mean? can i remove this without jp1 programming or does it require jp1? i hope macros can fix this
Rogers 4250 HD Box
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Since several Atlas DVR owners have recently asked if an extender is available for their remote, I have ported the URC-6131 extender to the Atlas DVR. You can download it here.

Also, please note that this remote also has the same problem as does the URC-6131 with importing keymoves into the extender because it uses a newer keymove format. The extender uses the normal keymove format, so you'll have to re-create any existing keymoves.

Slightly off topic, but when I was going through building the 9960B01/6960 extender, I chose to NOT use the old keymove format so that eventually when I fix extinstall the keymoves, etc would port directly. It also allowed me to save a bit on space since I use the built-in ROM routines to search for and find keymoves.

Is there a reason that people tend to build the extenders using the old format? (other than it takes up one byte less per entry) I would think that making them compatible with the non-extended remote would be valuable to the user community?

Mike

I also put a lot of conditional assembly into the 6960/9960B01 extender so that I can build versions with each of the special protocols in them without a lot of surgery. If you're going to release the ASM code you might consider doing this, then those who want to can assemble the extender the way they want it.

-bill
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
Slightly off topic, but when I was going through building the 9960B01/6960 extender, I chose to NOT use the old keymove format so that eventually when I fix extinstall the keymoves, etc would port directly. It also allowed me to save a bit on space since I use the built-in ROM routines to search for and find keymoves.

Is there a reason that people tend to build the extenders using the old format? (other than it takes up one byte less per entry) I would think that making them compatible with the non-extended remote would be valuable to the user community?
You'd have to ask Hal about that decision, since he created the 6131 extender. My goal in porting it to the Atlas was to make it viable in a 1K EEPROM without changing functionality.

The most likely reason it was done this way is because the 6131 was the first remote to use the "new" keymove format (unsupported by JP1 tools at the time), so it was actually seen as an advantage to use the "standard" format. The Atlas was the second remote to use this keymove format, followed by the 9960B01 and your 6960. I think the universe of remotes using this format is pretty much limited to these four remotes, since the JP1.x remotes have gone on to use yet-another-keymove-format.
unclemiltie wrote:
Mike
I also put a lot of conditional assembly into the 6960/9960B01 extender so that I can build versions with each of the special protocols in them without a lot of surgery. If you're going to release the ASM code you might consider doing this, then those who want to can assemble the extender the way they want it.
The extender asm code is already included. The asm code for each special protocol is part of it's description text file, so you can copy and paste it into the main extender asm if you wish (old-fashioned manual conditional assembly Razz ).
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcardellini wrote:
...but back on the topic of Atlas 5 DVR extenders, I would still be eternally grateful to anyone who can make a 2k extender for this remote. I can suppy a chip, or a chipped remote if needed.
I'm sorry you haven't found any takers yet. I have not had the time to do it (work deadlines, etc.). Certainly, if I can find the time in the future I'll be glad to do it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
Is there a reason that people tend to build the extenders using the old format?

The old format is the most versitile, it has no restrictions on the number of variable bytes used in the protocol. The 6131/Atlas format only supports 1-byte protocols and the current UEI format only supports 1 or 2 byte protocols.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: