JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic HT-SC400 & Problems with Multiple Sub-devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djhansensr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Panasonic HT-SC400 & Problems with Multiple Sub-devices Reply with quote

I have a Pan. HT-SC400 receiver. Since no upgrade files were available for this model, I learned in the buttons and transferred to IR. That works fine. This device has one device code of 160, and sub-device codes of 0, 4, 20, and 28. Protocol is simply "Panasonic".

Problem is, when I try to build a KM spreadsheet, the only Protocol Name that has enough sub-device fields is the Panasonic MIX Combo. But that doesn't work when you paste the upgrade code to IR and upload to the remote. The keys that are defined with the different sub-codes don't work.

I'm fairly new at JP1, so if you could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want the Panasonic Combo protocol. Enter 160 for the Main Device on the Setup sheet. Then on the Functions sheet, enter the Sub-Device in the byte2 column.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean,

Any of the Panasonic Home Theater device upgrades are close to what you want. So use them as a starting point. IIRC, they all use the Panasonic Combo protocol.
djhansensr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Panasonic HT-SC400 & Problems with Multiple Sub-devices Reply with quote

Mark,

Your suggestion worked perfectly. Jon, I used your idea with another device, which also worked.

Thanks for all of the help.

Dean
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: