JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 extender macros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngbauer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: 6131 extender macros Reply with quote

I just purchased a modified 6131 and am using the extender to add macros and hopefully other features. I was successful adding a device but am stuck with the macros.
The readme suggests a macro "V_TV; T_TV; O_TV" to achieve simple device selection.
I am not figuring out how or where to enter that macro.
I have found a spreadsheet in the files "ExtenderCodeCalc-v2.13.xls" that generates some hex code as I enter commands on the first sheet but no mention of what to do with the hex, if in fact, that is where I need to be.
(It does have the V-..... commands)
IR has no v_.., o_.. commands on the macro sheet. Can someone get me on the right track. There is no readme with the extender code calc spreadsheet and I can't find anything in the forums.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 6131 extender macros Reply with quote

johngbauer wrote:
IR has no v_.., o_.. commands on the macro sheet.

That sounds like you're not using the right RDF with IR. Make sure to use the "PVR0PVx1 (URC-6131 PVR Remote Extender1.rdf" file, which does have V_, O_, etc, in the list of Available Keys in the Add window of the macro tab.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IR click "New" then "Select" then you will be able to pick the correct .rdf that Mark mentioned Smile Then, each time that you start IR, in the title bar it should list that .rdf and you can use this to be sure you have the right .rdf
JP1Files
johngbauer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Thank you Mark and Steve for your quick answer. I have found the correct rdf and am on my way again.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am concerned that you may not have followed the instructions for installing the extender. Check the instructions in the extender zip file. Had you either used the exinstall option or the base .txt file supplied you would have been automatically on the correct RDF. Try starting with the 6131_extender1_.txt file from the zip and then install your devices in IR.
johngbauer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,
I had downloaded and unzipped on another computer. apparently I didn't copy all of the files (rdf's) to the computer and directory that has ir.exe. Since your message I have now unzipped to that directory so that all the files will be there.
I didn't do an install as I had no files to convert (i.e. "skip to step 9") in the install.txt.
It seems to working correctly now as I have modified the macros and added a keymove and have three devices (klh tv,hughes hdrv2, and deowoo dvd) basically working well (plan more tweaking next). This is the first of six systems that I plan to do, all involving a sat receiver.

I had purchased a Kameleon-8, an mx-500 and the 6131 and have opted for the 6131 because for the compactness of the remote, not to mention the cost difference. Will probably use the mx-500 with my big screen(samsung)

Again, I appreciate you concern and assistance.

John
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great John. I am glad you worked it out. I was just wanted to make sure that you did use the provided .txt extender file when you skipped the install. I wasn't sure if you had.

Enjoy, now the fun begins...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: