JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lite-On SK-7551 Keyboard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peecee69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Thanks for the post. I must be doing something wrong though. I can load the device upgrade into keymap-master 8.31 and map buttons to the commands. I can copy the hex codes over to IR.exe and assign a device type (VCR) and Code (set to 1999) to a button on my 2116, but when I select that button on my remote, the remote does not show the new code. For comparison, I used the device upgrade for a non-JVC based slim devices squeezebox remote, so I know to expect that the newly programmed button should show the new code and the associated type. I assigned the Squeezebox codes to the CD button of my remote, so now it says "MISC" and 1173 (the code) when I hit that button. When I press the VCR button, it still says VCR and the code still says 0060, when I think it should say "VCR" and 1999. Those are the numbers in the general tab and they are what it says on the left side window of the devices column.

Thanks for any and all help.
Paul
peecee69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, following up on my own post....

I figured out what I was doing wrong - I wasn't copying the S3C8+ Protocol Code from the keymap master to the protocol section of IR.exe. Once I did that, the code appeared as 1999, so it looked promising. When I tried it out, the menu went hay wire, navigating all over the place. I run MythTV and tried a few tests, and none worked. One example is that I started to exit out of the frontend to test up and down (basic yes or no, or reboot). It appears as if the up and down don't replicate up or down. The down only goes one down and moves no further. Same deal for the up button. Also, when typing in a set of numbers to change to that chennel, it always seems to enter two or three of the number - which is good for selecting channels 11, 22, 33, etc Wink

Paul
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a thread here that may help you understand how lite-on/airboard keyboards work. You may want to tack on to that thread since the original keyboard in this thread is unrelated to the lite-on/airboard and may just confuse things.

Once you check that link out maybe you can get a more predictable result. I think you will need to use device specific macros to create the key sequences you need.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the original question on this thread, Morphx2, I think I have decoded your keyboard but I need you to learn the rest of the commands but so far this is what I think it is:

make
{38k}<-624,468|468,-624>(1820,-590,D:4,F:8,0:1,C:4,468,-30m)

break
{38k}<-624,468|468,-624>(1820,-590,D:4,F:8,1:1,C:4,468,-30m)

There are two captures of what I think is a hold command that is the same for both keys. The make and break commands are the same with the exception of on bit. C the check nibble is Mod 16 (2*F).

Please indicate what the real commands are when learning. And, btw, what sort of keyboard is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: